Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cutting party!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cutting party!

Sounds like something a bunch of emo kids would do, but my BBRZMC, Capital One, hubby's Capital One and Credit one all met a long overdue death with a pair of very sharp kitchen scissors! Cutting those SOBs up was way more fun than burning them Smiley Happy

I'll keep them open for UTIL purposes (all 4 only add 1,850 to total util) until they close. Credit one was the best to cut up. Those slimey ridiculous AF charging bast*rds. I realize they have a job, and gave us a chance when no one else would...but they still suck Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: Cutting party!

cut them off and sent it back to them in mail....

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 17
firstladyd
Contributor

Congrats 2 u. Cant wait to cut my Cap 1 and close account. 

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: TU 734 Walmart EQ 704 FICO EX 721
Goal Score: 750 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 17
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Some of those will just keep charging you fee's until you close them yourself no matter how little you use them. I recommend you manually close them.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only AF one, Credit one, will be closed in the morning. The other two have never charged me an AF..if they have, they've done it veeeeeeeeery sneakily.

Message 5 of 17
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

I haven't cut up any of my credit cards yet, but I actually like cutting stuff.  At work we had a whole plastic bag of unclaimed lost/found credit/debit/atm cards.  Took me like half an hour to cut them all up but it was fun!  I didn't cut up a single AMEX though, so I guess AMEX cardholders know how to keep their cards safe! 

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 6 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol... Emo kids are now "hipsters" just as an fyi .....
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 17
beb86
Valued Contributor

Oh credit one (cap 1 wannabe) yeah it was a great day cutting that one up a month before I would be getting charged a monthly fee of $8.25 just for the privileged of keeping this card warm in my wallet

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why are you cutting your husbands cards? weird. Seems like I am missing something, they were his; how did they help both of you? were you an AU? weird, how come you cannot just set them aside? why cut them? you did not close the accounts? weird. If my wife cut my cards I would be like why did you do that? I was going to buy that new shiny kegerator for your birhtday, that is crazy. Please put the scissors down, I would rather my wife pickup laundry, clean the cat box, take out the trash or make me a samwich before she thought of cutting up my credit cards, but hey that is just me.\

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excuse my lack of quoting...iPhone.

I hope you were joking, because that comes off as a sexist d-bag remark.

And it was a "joint" cutting party. He helped. And yes, I was an AU.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.