Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cycle/Statement Date and Due Date...

tag
revivemycredit
Valued Member

Cycle/Statement Date and Due Date...

Hello myFICO! Smiley Tongue

I've been on credit repair and rebuild for the last few months and am proud to say that there is some progress, this forum has been great with plenty of knowledge and help being shared., Very thankful for that.

Now my question, when figuring out your statement/cycle date and due date, do you normally...

A.) Try and request to have your DD changed so your statement/cycle date falls around the same time as your other cards?

B.) Request to have your DD changed if allowed so that it falls around the same time as your other cards?

C.) You don't mess with the request of having your DD changed and just go with whatever due date/statement date the lender gives you.

D.) You like to spread it around some for beginning of the month and some towards the end. 

Please discuss....

Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Cycle/Statement Date and Due Date...

@revivemycredit wrote:

I've been on credit repair and rebuild for the last few months and am proud to say that there is some progress, this forum has been great with plenty of knowledge and help being shared., Very thankful for that.

Now my question, when figuring out your statement/cycle date and due date, do you normally...

A.) Try and request to have your DD changed so your statement/cycle date falls around the same time as your other cards?

B.) Request to have your DD changed if allowed so that it falls around the same time as your other cards?

C.) You don't mess with the request of having your DD changed and just go with whatever due date/statement date the lender gives you.

D.) You like to spread it around some for beginning of the month and some towards the end. 

Please discuss....

Smiley Happy

First off, congrats on your increasingly successful rebuild! So good to hear, and welcome to the CC forum!

I personally like C.) I don't mess with it and have no problem with whatever due date they throw at me because I always spend what I have.

Not much of a PITA, either, since they're all in a 2-week period (15th-1st). Then I have a two-week breather until the next round!

Message 2 of 5
revivemycredit
Valued Member

I personally like to have about the same Statement/Cycle date which is around the 15-18th of the month for all my cards. For lesser confusion on my part, which I know by the 19th or 20th of the month those tradelines would be updated to the CRAs. So my personal choice is A

I only allow about $2 to report monthly anyways. I can spend and PIF before the cycle date with the exception of that one tradeline reporting around $2 past its cycle date. 

Message 3 of 5
revivemycredit
Valued Member

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@revivemycredit wrote:

Please discuss....

Smiley Happy

First off, congrats on your increasingly successful rebuild! So good to hear, and welcome to the CC forum!

I personally like C.) I don't mess with it and have no problem with whatever due date they throw at me because I always spend what I have.

Not much of a PITA, either, since they're all in a 2-week period (15th-1st). Then I have a two-week breather until the next round!

Thanks for the welcome! OK, sounds like a good plan. If you're a PIF type of person then I guess it wouldn't matter. I guess for the most part some people would only like to carry a big balance if they're on a promotional APR offer. 

Message 4 of 5
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@revivemycredit wrote:

I personally like to have about the same Statement/Cycle date which is around the 15-18th of the month for all my cards. For lesser confusion on my part, which I know by the 19th or 20th of the month those tradelines would be updated to the CRAs. So my personal choice is A

I only allow about $2 to report monthly anyways. I can spend and PIF before the cycle date with the exception of that one tradeline reporting around $2 past its cycle date. 

This, except all of mine are like the 10th to the 13th.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.