Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DARN YOU, HOME DEPOT ! ! !

tag
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: DARN YOU, HOME DEPOT ! ! !

@DontEatMyFriends wrote:

find the Al to your Tim, and you'll at least prevent yourself from gluing your head to a 2x4.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ! ! ! !Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 26
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

Checked the mail today, the usual promo post card from Home Depot, but in addition, a letter marked "time sensitive".  So I open it and find that they're offering to automatically increase my credit limit from the current $9750 to $11,800;  all I have to do is make a purchase of $299 or more by July 15! 

So...very....tempted...must...resist! 

I know they've already SP me, they did this before when I went from $7500 to the current $9750.  No hits on the ol' credit report at all.   Yes, it's tempting!  But truth be told, there's really nothing I can think of that I need/want to buy for more than $299 right now.  Just need to stay in the Garden and take deep cleansing breaths....I'm nearly 6 months in the Garden!

I wish that they would send me that offer.  I need some furniture for my new deck and they have a set that I like.

Hmmmm....I will check the mailbox everyday this week with my fingers crossed.  LOL!!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 26
JonStur
Established Contributor

They've got some great grills..go ahead and take the plunge..and invite your FICO Family to the cookout!!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 13 of 26
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

BUY BUY BUY... ARE YOU KIDDING ME (Do I sound like Suze Orman?)

anything over $299 will be 0% for 6 months.... you get 60 day returns with the card no? after the statement posts, return it.... CLI!

Free CLI, I would buy something, pay it off, then return it and request refund if I had to for that CLI!

I use to have a business home depot and they sent me letter if I didn't use the card in next 60 days they would close it... I went in and bought 6 rolls paper towels, whent bill came for like $9.00 they said "CONGRATS... Because you are a great customer we increased your CL from $5k to $7500!

My dads personal card started at $6500 I think and was at $14,900 when closed and it was all auto over a couple years.... never had more than $4k on it... Home Depot is great with auto cli.

Message 14 of 26
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@JonStur wrote:

They've got some great grills..go ahead and take the plunge..and invite your FICO Family to the cookout!!!!

Ironically, I'd just bought a new grill earlier this month...at LOWES!!!  Was there for something else, they had some $300 grills on sale for $159....so I jumped at that offer!  Wish I'd known Home Depot was gonna tease me so...

Message 15 of 26
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

anything over $299 will be 0% for 6 months.... you get 60 day returns with the card no? after the statement posts, return it.... CLI!

Free CLI, I would buy something, pay it off, then return it and request refund if I had to for that CLI!

I use to have a business home depot and they sent me letter if I didn't use the card in next 60 days they would close it... I went in and bought 6 rolls paper towels, whent bill came for like $9.00 they said "CONGRATS... Because you are a great customer we increased your CL from $5k to $7500!

My dads personal card started at $6500 I think and was at $14,900 when closed and it was all auto over a couple years.... never had more than $4k on it... Home Depot is great with auto cli.

Yeah, the offer they sent is actually zero interest for 12 months for $299 or more...and that CLI....so...tempted.  So...would this be considered leaving the Garden if I did this??

Message 16 of 26
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

How long have you had the card? How much time between CLI offers like this?  My card is 15 months old, stuck at $4,000 CL which I got when I requested a CLI on first day. Charged a few things on it, highbalance was $560 I think.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 17 of 26
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Yeah, the offer they sent is actually zero interest for 12 months for $299 or more...and that CLI....so...tempted.  So...would this be considered leaving the Garden if I did this??

IMO, if you're not getting a hard pull it shouldn't be considered leaving the garden, buuut I'm no expert on gardening Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 26
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

How long have you had the card? How much time between CLI offers like this?  My card is 15 months old, stuck at $4,000 CL which I got when I requested a CLI on first day. Charged a few things on it, highbalance was $560 I think.

I've had the card for 4-5 years now.  I get these CLI things every summer.  Got one last summer...zero interest for 24 months for purchases $499 or above.  I purchased a TuffShed from them and CL went from $7500 to $9750.  I started out with them at $2500 if I recall right.

Message 19 of 26
mcf
Contributor

Ohhh just do it already!! gardening is no HP and no new TL for the time period you want to try and garden! So SP is ok CLI is ok.. long as no HP. Anything that would impact score negatively. So go.. do not walk. RUN and shop and get your CLI then pay it back, and voila. No need to return anything and all that crazyness.. get yourself or family and DAD something nice, have fun. Congrats!

Starting Score:567Walmart TU 701, Credit Sesame 722, credit secure 701 credit karma 694Last Score: 689 TU/Walmart CK 645 Goal Score:800 CLUB
Last HP:2/2015 Util:9% CL:82KTake the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.