Reply
Epic Contributor
Posts: 23,828
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

DCU Application for Checking and Savings DENIED!!

This is the first time in my entire life I have EVER been denied a Checking and a Savings Account! This includes my past BK's! I am NOT in Chex Systems and I have never burned any Checking or Savings accounts with anyone.  I don't disagree that I have baddies past and some current but for checking and savings... I'm still in a little shock.

 

Fico Scores: EQ- 662., TU 684 Barclay, EX 700 (3/21/15)

You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
72 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,987
Registered: ‎06-25-2012
0

Re: DCU Application for Checking and Savings DENIED!!

What were the reasons
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Moderator
Posts: 27,206
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: DCU Application for Checking and Savings DENIED!!

Epic Contributor
Posts: 23,828
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: DCU Application for Checking and Savings DENIED!!


09Lexie wrote:

jsickz32 wrote:
What were the reasons

+1


"A Letter was mailed to you sir, I suggest you wait for that letter to view the reasons"  They pulled EQ

Fico Scores: EQ- 662., TU 684 Barclay, EX 700 (3/21/15)

You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
72 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Regular Contributor
Posts: 154
Registered: ‎02-24-2010
0

Re: DCU Application for Checking and Savings DENIED!!


Creditaddict wrote:

This is the first time in my entire life I have EVER been denied a Checking and a Savings Account! This includes my past BK's! I am NOT in Chex Systems and I have never burned any Checking or Savings accounts with anyone.  I don't disagree that I have baddies past and some current but for checking and savings... I'm still in a little shock.

 


It may be that you have too many inquiries on Chexsystems. It has been an issue for me in the past. DCU can be a pain when opening new accounts. 

 

 

Total CL's combine: $150,600.
Moderator
Posts: 27,206
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: DCU Application for Checking and Savings DENIED!!


Creditaddict wrote:

09Lexie wrote:

jsickz32 wrote:
What were the reasons

+1


"A Letter was mailed to you sir, I suggest you wait for that letter to view the reasons"  They pulled EQ


I have been a member for 7 years and I must admit I have heard of some strange things occurring when opening an account.  For instance my DD attempted to join and was almost denied cause they could not verify her address (even though it was the same as mine and I referred her).  By the way... It wasn't her first account and she had credit cards for a few years. 

 

Sorry about the decline.

Epic Contributor
Posts: 23,828
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: DCU Application for Checking and Savings DENIED!!


09Lexie wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

09Lexie wrote:

jsickz32 wrote:
What were the reasons

+1


"A Letter was mailed to you sir, I suggest you wait for that letter to view the reasons"  They pulled EQ


I have been a member for 7 years and I must admit I have heard of some strange things occurring when opening an account.  For instance my DD attempted to join and was almost denied cause they could not verify her address (even though it was the same as mine and I referred her).  By the way... It wasn't her first account and she had credit cards for a few years. 

 

Sorry about the decline.


I just have never heard of ANYONE not getting a checking account based on credit vs. I know about not getting checking because of Chex Systems, I mean in the end I was just joining because I thought I saw a lot of happy posts about them. they even asked me to fax or email verification documents after I applied, I was actually calling to make sure they got those and that's when first lady just kept saying a letter has been mailed and I was like that sounds like I have been declined but I didn't apply for any credit... the other funny thing was while I was on hold waiting one of the "ads" from the bank in the hold system was talking about second chance auto lending... I know that's secured but still, isn't a checking account pretty safe against losses?!

Back to my Navy Federal CU Corner I go!

Fico Scores: EQ- 662., TU 684 Barclay, EX 700 (3/21/15)

You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
72 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Moderator
Posts: 27,206
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: DCU Application for Checking and Savings DENIED!!


Creditaddict wrote:

09Lexie wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

09Lexie wrote:

jsickz32 wrote:
What were the reasons

+1


"A Letter was mailed to you sir, I suggest you wait for that letter to view the reasons"  They pulled EQ


I have been a member for 7 years and I must admit I have heard of some strange things occurring when opening an account.  For instance my DD attempted to join and was almost denied cause they could not verify her address (even though it was the same as mine and I referred her).  By the way... It wasn't her first account and she had credit cards for a few years. 

 

Sorry about the decline.


I just have never heard of ANYONE not getting a checking account based on credit vs. I know about not getting checking because of Chex Systems, I mean in the end I was just joining because I thought I saw a lot of happy posts about them. they even asked me to fax or email verification documents after I applied, I was actually calling to make sure they got those and that's when first lady just kept saying a letter has been mailed and I was like that sounds like I have been declined but I didn't apply for any credit... the other funny thing was while I was on hold waiting one of the "ads" from the bank in the hold system was talking about second chance auto lending... I know that's secured but still, isn't a checking account pretty safe against losses?!

Back to my Navy Federal CU Corner I go!


Yeah, like I said they have been known to be a little 'over the top' with their denials for banking.  I am a member with NFCU too and it seems odd that they can open accounts without all the issues DCU seems to find.  

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.