Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU Credit card

I was approved for the membership, but before apping for their credit card would like to know how sensitive are they about inquires and whats the lowest aaoa can i get approved with?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: DCU Credit card

I got DCU right at the end of my very first app spree (8 cards)

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just completed my app spree with 4 cards and still waiting on Diners Club to respond, from what i read so far, seems like it can take a while, not exactly sure if i want to go for the Dcu just yet.. how are they on income verification?  Because i just got a second job which i would like to include into my income, but still dont have any paystubs to show for..

Message 3 of 10
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just completed my app spree with 4 cards and still waiting on Diners Club to respond, from what i read so far, seems like it can take a while, not exactly sure if i want to go for the Dcu just yet.. how are they on income verification?  Because i just got a second job which i would like to include into my income, but still dont have any paystubs to show for..

They've never asked for Income Verification.  In looking at your card line up I am not sure what benefit DCU would provide, is there a particular reason you are considering it?

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

First reason is that the regular platinum version offers 8.50% So it'll be nice to have a card with such low apr. Second reason is that i heard DCU is generous with their credit limits so hopefully with my new higher income i can obtain a higher line than my current highest.. So once it starts reporting, maybe i can get a few decent credit line increases from my cards which i acquired with my old small income and thin credit history profile

Message 5 of 10
casemodgod
Established Member

Both are valid reasons.

Ignore the 11.5% rewards card, its garbage as far as rewards cards go.

They did give me highest CLI, which was used as a bumper for the next 3 apps I went for then.

It worked fine, and they're a good CU to have in your pocket.  Especially if you're going to go car

shopping, as they have the lowest rates outside of the 0% offers for new cars you'll find.  Having 3

product lines with them results in a .25% rate decrease, so its worth getting onboard with them.

Message 6 of 10
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

They asked me for pay stubs when I applied, but that was because I was also applying for a car loan at that time. I didn't get the lowest APR, I got the middle one, and my score at the time I applied was low 700s (I think 705?). Not sure what their minimum score is, but at that time, I had 5-6 inquiries on EQ (which is what they pull), with the most recent being 4 months prior. Also had a new CC account that was 3-4 months old when I applied for the DCU CC/auto loan and got approved nonetheless.

Starting Score: No credit history in July 2013, 663 in August (lender pulled)
Current Score: 773 (Discover FICO), 749 (DCU EQ)
Ultimate goal: Buy a house in 2016!
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, the rewards card is of no use to me, I have all the rewards card I need for every category of my spending,

Thats another good reason why i want to establish a relationship with them is that in the future, might be a place to get a low apr car loan from them.

Message 8 of 10
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I'm definitely of the camp that it's better to app for the DCU visa with a preapproval. If you don't have one, don't bother, because it probably won't be worth it to you. It wasn't for me. Luckily, I got a preapproved CLI not long thereafter, so it did end up worth it.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@aubie1kenobie2 wrote:

They asked me for pay stubs when I applied, but that was because I was also applying for a car loan at that time. I didn't get the lowest APR, I got the middle one, and my score at the time I applied was low 700s (I think 705?). Not sure what their minimum score is, but at that time, I had 5-6 inquiries on EQ (which is what they pull), with the most recent being 4 months prior. Also had a new CC account that was 3-4 months old when I applied for the DCU CC/auto loan and got approved nonetheless.

Hmm well i have a few recent inquires on EQ as well as quite a few old ones which still havent fallen off and also a few new accounts, so not sure if i should wait 3-4 months or apply now and getting a deniel for recent inquires and new accounts..

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.