Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU HELP

tag
Mellon
Established Contributor

DCU HELP

I am never quite sure if these are actual DCU pre-approval or if I am pre-approved. For those that have DCU and have received pre-approvals, is the screen below a true pre-approval

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 8.22.26 PM.png

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: DCU HELP

IMO and experience, they are "offers" of what can be had/gained, they are NOT pre"approvals" meaning you apply and you get the offer. I have qualified for 2 car loans and a Visa the car loans were at the lowest rate, the Visa was slightly above, but in each case its an application and approval, not a given. 

Message 2 of 9
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Same question...LOL

@Mellon wrote:

I am never quite sure if these are actual DCU pre-approval or if I am pre-approved. For those that have DCU and have received pre-approvals, is the screen below a true pre-approval

Pre-approval

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 3 of 9
Mellon
Established Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

IMO and experience, they are "offers" of what can be had/gained, they are NOT pre"approvals" meaning you apply and you get the offer. I have qualified for 2 car loans and a Visa the car loans were at the lowest rate, the Visa was slightly above, but in each case its an application and approval, not a given. 

Thanks for the feedback!!!

Message 4 of 9
iced
Valued Contributor

I have sometimes wondered this myself with DCU. Perhaps the way to approach this is with data points, so I just logged in to my account and noticed my loan suite has specific dollar amounts pre-populated:

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 9.08.17 AM.png

Are you seeing your boxes under "Loan Suite" or am I looking at the wrong boxes?

Perhaps if a specific amount is shown it follows a different approval process versus if no amounts are shown? I also noticed they say "Accept" rather than "Apply."

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Specific APRs are also a good sign and yours weren't.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My brother-n-law has both "accept" and "apply" offers in his loan suite. I take the "accept" offers as preapprovals and the "apply" requests as an invitation to apply for a product (car loan, credit card, etc.)
Message 7 of 9
astronemma
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:
My brother-n-law has both "accept" and "apply" offers in his loan suite. I take the "accept" offers as preapprovals and the "apply" requests as an invitation to apply for a product (car loan, credit card, etc.)

This is correct. I have a combination of these, some say Accept, some say Apply. The Accept offers have specific amounts and rates because they are pre-approvals, the Apply offers do not. 

BK7 discharged: 10/25/15 | Current scores: 755 EQ 678 TU 673 EX
NFCU Flagship VisaPenFed Promise VisaDCU Platinum VisaDiscover IT Cash Back CardUSAA Cash Rewards AmexBarclays Apple Rewards VisaNFCU Cloc
Message 8 of 9
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

Yup. The accept offers (which say 'approved up to' and list a specific APR) are real pre-approvals. I picked up a personal loan recenty from one of them -- a few questions online and one call from an agent the next day and I got the money deposited in my DCU checking account the next day.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.