cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Love

tag
Jav_23

DCU Love

First of all, I want to thank this board for the endless amount of helpful info that it provides.

After 2 weeks of going back and forth w/ DCU first asking about driver's license and then SS, I finally was able to get approval on membership. That alone, as most of you know, is 1 EQ HP.

Once I received my membership approval email, I decided to call their Loan dpmt to re-finance my 2 auto's that I had w/ Cap 1. It didn't matter that I didn't have my Member # as of yet. Less than 15 mins later, both my auto APR's of 13% & 16% went to 1.99%. Another EQ HP of course but definitely worth it.

As if that wasn't enough, the rep also offered me their Visa card @ a 11.9 APR (no rewards) with a 3k limit. No addtl HP needed. I of course took it to help my Util.

All this w/ a 681EQ score. I'm looking forward to the free FICO and noticed that my paycheck does become avail 1 bus day sooner. The rep did mention in order to keep the 1.99% APR on the auto's, I would need to have Direct Deposit or else it will increase to 2.49%. I'm trying this w/ only a $500 deposit per paycheck and the rest going to my local bank. I just feel more comfortable keeping most of my money at my local bank where I can actually go to a branch if there are any issues.

If any of you are on the fence about joining DCU, I would strongly recommend you pull the trigger. Especially if you have an auto loan to refinance. Definitely worth the 2 HP's for me.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: DCU Love

Message 2 of 8
Jbb2788
Regular Contributor

I'm in the process of doing the same thing with them right now. Congratulations! I hope I have as good of luck as you have. How long did it take for them to approve your membership? Also, do you have to set up a account with them in order to become a member and get loans?

**10/31/13
EX-650
EQ-660
TU-660
GOAL: 750 ACROSS THE BOARD
Last App: 10/13
Gardening Until: 4/14 (At least)
Message 3 of 8
Jav_23

Thanks!

And Jbb2788, it took 2 weeks from app'ing to welcome email. I also app'd for membership before applying for anything else. Good Luck!
Message 4 of 8
essexjet
Contributor

Congratulations!!!

I had a similar experience with them a few months ago.  You will love them!!

2/21/19 Fico's: EQ 651 - TU 666 - EXP 670
4/4/19 Fico's: EQ 744 - TU 763 - EXP 758

AMEX Platinum: NPSL / DCU $3000 / Barclaycard Apple Visa $2700 / Firestone $1200 / Credit One Bank $1100 / Walmart $8000 / Capital One $500 / Chase United Explorer $5000 / Discover IT $1500 / NFCU $1500 / Sams Club $7500
Message 5 of 8
narrington

I got approved for a $5000.00 credit card and a $25,000 auto loan with DCU yesterday HOWEVER I am reporting in chexsystems negatively and I was denied the membership... I contacted chexsystems and that negative item is due to fall off on 11-14-2013 (its been 5years). Should I reapply for membership with DCU? Will they run my credit report again if it's only been a couple of weeks?

Message 6 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@narrington

DCU will use a cr for up to 30 days. I would contact the membership department and ask them to re-run your chexsystems report after the 14 th.

I can't say it enough times, always apply for and secure your membership prior to applying for credit.
Message 7 of 8
narrington

I will thank you!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.