Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Membership

tag
Bluedog23
Regular Contributor

DCU Membership

Quick and simple question. I know,that applying for DCU membership is  a HP. But that is only an inq correct? The opening of membership is not considered an account therefore will not impact AAOA, right? No hit to AAAO until I apply for and am approved for credit, correct? Yes I know,applying for credit is another HP. 

EX 805 FICO, EQ Fico 762; TU. 768Discover)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DCU Membership

Right -- so long as you don't open another TL when you first open your DCU account then you're ok.

It is one of the perks of getting the membership though -- in that you'll find out if you're preapproved for anything when you first get in and they use that same HP supposedly.

Message 2 of 8
Bluedog23
Regular Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

Right -- so long as you don't open another TL when you first open your DCU account then you're ok.

It is one of the perks of getting the membership though -- in that you'll find out if you're preapproved for anything when you first get in and they use that same HP supposedly.

Thanks. As for them using the same HP, I've read a couple of recent post saying they "do this now." But can't verify.Oh well, I guess I'll,find out soon enough.

Message 3 of 8
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Bluedog23 wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

Thanks. As for them using the same HP, I've read a couple of recent post saying they "do this now." But can't verify.Oh well, I guess I'll,find out soon enough.

I think the best way if you're going to use the same HP is to make sure you do your apps over the phone.

Message 4 of 8
H14
Contributor

I applied for membership online, at the end they told me I was preapproved for the CC. Checked the box and completed membership. There was a separate inq for the CC the following day. 

Message 5 of 8
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@H14 wrote:

I applied for membership online, at the end they told me I was preapproved for the CC. Checked the box and completed membership. There was a separate inq for the CC the following day. 

Sounds like this was online, right? Wonder if people who do it over the phone would have the same result. Interesting data point. Thanks!

Message 6 of 8
Bluedog23
Regular Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

@H14 wrote:

Sounds like this was online, right? Wonder if people who do it over the phone would have the same result. Interesting data point. Thanks!

I'll try doing it by phone. I have two inquiries on EQ which will fall off in November, and I'll deal with the two additional inqs if that's what it takes to get my auto loan. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out why they would need two back to back pulls when I repeatedly read others saying as H14 does that they're approved for credit with the first pull. What purpose could a second HP serve?  I get it though---'their money, their rules, lol.

Message 7 of 8
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

you might be able to get away with this as well.....i apped for dcu and another cu the same day, only showed up as 1 hp

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.