cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Pending #2 [Membership + CC App]

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: I would like to join DCU, need some help..

@rushx2112

How long did it take to get your card? And were you already a member?
Message 31 of 58
rushx2112
New Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@rushx2112

How long did it take to get your card? And were you already a member?

Apped CC/Membership Feb 24, approved the next day

Message 32 of 58
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Technically, after today would be one business day. Hopefully, I'll get a response tomorrow. A good one at that. I got approve for the CC which means I am who I say I am. If they hit me with that we for some can't verify your identity, I'm gonna fight tooth and nail until they do. Raise hell until heaven falls! I refuse to waste an INQ over idiocy! When i call early in the morning, I'll see what they say, the only negative news I want to hear is that it's still pending review at most...

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 33 of 58
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I hope it works out WarJar. FWIW, they have been known (recently ) to deny membership after the cc was approved. I don't know why but that is why I always warn people to get the membership approved before apping. It will suck if they approve you on a CC and you never get it over a denied membership.

Again, I wish you the best.
Message 34 of 58
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Still pending review right now currently, they said if they need anything else they'll contact me. They said I should hear something by the end of the day.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 35 of 58
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Latest I should be getting a response is on Thursday, but I think they were processing my app today according to another CSR I called later so it might be even tomorrow (Wednesday). I sent these guys my paystub and they're still asking for one, smh. Keep your fingers crossed!

Message 36 of 58
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

For some reason their membership department has been really tough lately. I wish you luck!
Message 37 of 58
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

DCU is a hard pull when you join. I started the process over the phone and was told to give a 10 dollar donation to some charity to become eligible. I did that. I am a mass resident but the nearest DCU branch is not close. It is like 2 hours away so I figured if I really had porblems joining, I would make a pilgrimage to a branch. As it worked out, it was relatively easy to join. Someone told me that they look for a minimum fico score of 580 to join but that is just rumour.

Message 38 of 58
zerobacan
Established Contributor

any updates?

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 39 of 58
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Re: DCU Pending #2 [Membership + CC App]

To those people thinking about joining DCU and apping for their CC. App for membership first, wait for welcome package that includes your member # and then app for the CC.
You have more chances of being approved and chances of a bigger starting CL. I was told this by a CSR when i called.
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 40 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.