Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Pending #2 [Membership + CC App]

tag
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Re: DCU Pending #2 [Membership + CC App]

Still nothing on Friday, application is still under review. I wish they could've told which point in the review it is though.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 51 of 58
ElCamino
Contributor

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread because I'm in a similar situation, I apped for DCU and the CC yesterday.

Amex BCE: $16.5k, Discover It: $5k, Chase Freedom Visa: $10k, Fidelity Amex: $7.5k, PenFed Cash Rewards Visa: $3.5k, CapOne Union Plus MC: $4.5k, Barclays Upromise MC: $5k, BoA Cash Rewards 123 MC: $1.5k
Message 52 of 58
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ElCamino

Good luck with your approval. Curious, did you do any research before applying? Not to be mean or anything but its been advised to get approved for the membership first THEN apply for a cc. It will be two hp anyway and you might save yourself a little anxiety.
Message 53 of 58
ElCamino
Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@ElCamino

Good luck with your approval. Curious, did you do any research before applying? Not to be mean or anything but its been advised to get approved for the membership first THEN apply for a cc. It will be two hp anyway and you might save yourself a little anxiety.

I hadn't come across this thread prior to apping. So as I was applying that big "pre-approved" pop-up showed up and I figured I may as well check the box for the CC. Smiley Embarassed

My biggest concern is getting my DCU membership approved, the CC was merely an afterthought and the last app I plan on making for a minimum of 6 months. I got approved for all of the cards I could possibly need and want yestersday before I decided to join DCU, so I'm not going to cry over spilt milk.

And it wasn't mean of you! I appreciate anyone that tries to help me avoid headaches and save money.

I should have done more homework.

Amex BCE: $16.5k, Discover It: $5k, Chase Freedom Visa: $10k, Fidelity Amex: $7.5k, PenFed Cash Rewards Visa: $3.5k, CapOne Union Plus MC: $4.5k, Barclays Upromise MC: $5k, BoA Cash Rewards 123 MC: $1.5k
Message 54 of 58
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

@ElCamino wrote:

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread because I'm in a similar situation, I apped for DCU and the CC yesterday.

Did you get approved for the CC? What limit and APR did you get?

Anyway, make sure to send every last document you could think about sending to these guys because it's apparently a very long process verify your identity.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 55 of 58
ElCamino
Contributor

I haven't received anything regarding the CC yet, and when I sent them my documentation I got an automated e-mail.

I'm guessing that since I did the app around 5pm EST I'll have to wait till Monday to find out.

Message 56 of 58
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ ElCamino

Hopefully you will be fine. I have no idea why DCU can be slow at approving memberships. From other threads, it has been stated that they were denied for a membership after complying with all of the new account requirements - and they wasted a HP for a cc they wider approved but will never obtain.

Again, good luck to you and the OP.
Message 57 of 58
zerobacan
Established Contributor

@WarJar101 wrote:

@ElCamino wrote:

Did you get approved for the CC? What limit and APR did you get?

Anyway, make sure to send every last document you could think about sending to these guys because it's apparently a very long process verify your identity.

Hi warJar101

did you ever get a response?

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 58 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.