Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Pending #2 [Membership + CC App]

tag
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

DCU Pending #2 [Membership + CC App]

I would like to apply for membership online, but I need an organization to join into. Do you have to wait to join a participating organization first, then apply? Or could I do some one-step process online for membership? Thanks.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: I would like to join DCU, need some help..

Yea it gives you the option to pick one online when you sign up.  I chose the one for $10 bucks and I did it all at the same time....so yea a one step application.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 2 of 58
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 58
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys, I found everything. I also stepped out of the garden and applied for the CC. To me another inquiry wouldn't hurt, might as well. Hopefully, they'll call in the morning with some good news. I didn't get an instant approval for the CC, just said that my application is being process and a representative will be with me shortly.

Any recommendations on the next steps I could do to facilitate and expedite the process?

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 4 of 58
rushx2112
New Contributor

@WarJar101 wrote:

Thanks guys, I found everything. I also stepped out of the garden and applied for the CC. To me another inquiry wouldn't hurt, might as well. Hopefully, they'll call in the morning with some good news. I didn't get an instant approval for the CC, just said that my application is being process and a representative will be with me shortly.

I don't think they do instant approvals... They'll probably need at least your DL and a utility bill to set up an account

Message 5 of 58
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

@rushx2112 wrote:

@WarJar101 wrote:

I don't think they do instant approvals... They'll probably need at least your DL and a utility bill to set up an account

They allow you to scan and emailin those documents right?

P.S. I got preapproved for a 25k auto loan if that means anything while I was doing the membership app, if it does then I should definitely be eligible for a CC with them you think?

Message 6 of 58
rushx2112
New Contributor

@WarJar101 wrote:

@rushx2112 wrote:

@WarJar101 wrote:

They allow you to scan and send in those documents right?

I scanned my DL and my Sprint bill and that was good enough for them

Message 7 of 58
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Is DCU covered by the FDIC?

Also when joining, do they do a Hard pull or soft pull?

Thanks.

I am looking for a CU to join and I don't qualify for the NFCU. 

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 8 of 58
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Good luck WarJar. I hope everything goes well for you. Not to be Debbie Downer but some (recently) have been approved for loan products but not the membership. Obviously until your membership is activated they will be a delay on your cc.

If I were you- I would take care of any membership issues ASAP.

Again, Good luck.
Message 9 of 58
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ PilotDude

DCU is a fully insured CU -NCUA - only banks, savings and loans are FDIC.

Yes, they will pull EQ for membership AND loan products.
Message 10 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.