Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Platinum Visa

tag
Rackham94
Established Contributor

DCU Platinum Visa

Approved for refinance on auto to 1.99 with rewards on checking (Direct Deposit) will get 1.24%. They said I was also approved for a Plat. Visa 5k limit.

So I wanted to manage my account online I have received my pin in the mail and registered but I cannot find the APR or terms and conditions specific to my card I only got a generic range of APR. The rep said 11.50% want to see if I would be eligble for decrease in the future. EQ Fico on auto loan letter says 675.

Does DCU offer a signature version of this? Is the special thing about this card I can use currency and it is charged as a purchase without cash advance fees?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: DCU Platinum Visa

@Rackham94 wrote:

Approved for refinance on auto to 1.99 with rewards on checking (Direct Deposit) will get 1.24%. They said I was also approved for a Plat. Visa 5k limit.

So I wanted to manage my account online I have received my pin in the mail and registered but I cannot find the APR or terms and conditions specific to my card I only got a generic range of APR. The rep said 11.50% want to see if I would be eligble for decrease in the future. EQ Fico on auto loan letter says 675.

Does DCU offer a signature version of this? Is the special thing about this card I can use currency and it is charged as a purchase without cash advance fees?

No Signature versions.  

Message 2 of 5
user5387
Valued Contributor

CU cards often have no cash advance fees.

But there is no grace period on cash advances either, and thus the interest kicks in immediately when you take the cash advance.

I don't know of any institution that offers cash advances that are treated like purchases.

Message 3 of 5
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Never done a cash advance.

i.e. withdraw $100. Posts to account each day 11.25% is charged ?

Message 4 of 5
user5387
Valued Contributor

If you do a cash advance, there's an X% fee, and a Y% interest rate.

The fee is payable even if you pay back the cash advance two hours later, and the interest kicks in immediately.

For many CUs, the fee is 0%, and the interest rate is around 9-12%.

So if you take a cash advance from such a CU, you may not have a fee, and the interest will start immediately at around a 9-12% yearly rate.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.