Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Savings & Visa Platinum

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU Savings & Visa Platinum

Hey Guys,

I need your opinion on this credit union. I been going back and forward over the free EQ fico that you get every month, which is the main reason why I am interested in this credit union. How are they overall? I keep reading good things and bad things about this credit union and I really don't want to make the mistake of applying and wasting inquiries. I did talk to them about their visa and they said they focus mainly on the last 24 months of credit history which for me is perfect, not one payment missed. UTI is currently at 0%, all baddies are paid in full, and are almost three years old. No Bk, No Foreclosure, No Repossessions, No Collections, No PRs just old lates and two paid in full charge-offs. 

What do you guys think? My most updated fico scores are in my sig Thanks in advance for your responses 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Re: DCU Savings & Visa Platinum

Your credit profile and mine are pretty similar, with similar scores. I once considered joining them in MA because I wanted a large CL, but ultimately decided not to because I heard on this forum that they determine they CLs by the applicant's income. Large part of my income is not shown on my taxes and pay stub(I have oversea assets).

I may consider them again when my income increases. I've also heard mix stories with them. They were a small CU in Worcester MA but they decided to expand. Since their expansion, their service and products have suffered.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats what I keep reading, but I feel like they are worth the shot, Im going to try them out at the end of the month and when I do i'll report the stats back. 

Message 3 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

I have been with them for a long time and they sued to be good but they became less and less customer centric with time and not very flexible even during overseas deployment issues.

I keep my account open with them for the free FICO (as sad as it is). You're right the CL is highly dependant on your income and FICO. They pull equifax almost exclusively as I was told by the branch manager. They do however have good rates on auto loans.

Message 4 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@CS800 wrote:

I have been with them for a long time and they sued to be good but they became less and less customer centric with time and not very flexible even during overseas deployment issues.

I keep my account open with them for the free FICO (as sad as it is). You're right the CL is highly dependant on your income and FICO. They pull equifax almost exclusively as I was told by the branch manager. They do however have good rates on auto loans.

Pretty much this.  I was with them back in 2000 when working at Lycos, and re-established my account about 5 months ago.  I rarely if ever talk to them so I don't worry about customer support issues typically from them or anyone else.  They've been fine for what I've needed.

Not certain why people complain about income affecting CL's, it does for ALL lenders, not just DCU, not just Amex, not just Chase.

        
Message 5 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Pretty much this.  I was with them back in 2000 when working at Lycos, and re-established my account about 5 months ago.  I rarely if ever talk to them so I don't worry about customer support issues typically from them or anyone else.  They've been fine for what I've needed.

Not certain why people complain about income affecting CL's, it does for ALL lenders, not just DCU, not just Amex, not just Chase.

I concur

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you guys,

Yes to DCU or no to DCU?
Message 7 of 9
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

I concur

But they're much more strict I think.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 8 of 9
mkm77
Regular Contributor

There are a few things that I really like about DCU...Mainly that for me I can actually use their card and not be charged excessive fees. There is no balance transfer fee for one and if you need or want a cash advance there is also no cash advance fee or higher rate.All I have to do is go online and transfer CC advance to checking account. I have the non rewards card with an interst rate around 8.5% which is pretty good also.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.