Reply
Regular Contributor
bobebob
Posts: 244
Registered: ‎08-14-2011

DCU Visa reporting use mid-cycle?

I got a SW update for increased spending.  The report was from  my DCU Visa card which I used a couple of weeks ago for my home appraisal.  However, the statement doesn't post for another week.  I was surprised to see the charge show up on SW FICO before the statement posted.

 

If there are others of you with the DCU Visa, does it normally post your balances to the CRA in the middle of a statement cycle?  I try to pay my balances down prior to the statement posting but if they give the balances to CRA's mid-cycle this would seem to render that wasted effort.

 

This is a fairly new card as I just got it back in December or so.  And this is the first time I've used it.  So maybe this is just a one-time thing.

bobebob || June: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 821 ||June: Walmart TU Fico=834Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Valued Contributor
Rhaeny
Posts: 1,507
Registered: ‎07-24-2011

Re: DCU Visa reporting use mid-cycle?

Yea, they post the balance on your card as of the last day of each month.


Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Regular Contributor
bobebob
Posts: 244
Registered: ‎08-14-2011

Re: DCU Visa reporting use mid-cycle?


Rhaeny wrote:

Yea, they post the balance on your card as of the last day of each month.


Ahh, that explains it.  The charge came in on 1/29.

 

Thanks for the info. Good to know.

bobebob || June: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 821 ||June: Walmart TU Fico=834Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Valued Contributor
Rhaeny
Posts: 1,507
Registered: ‎07-24-2011

Re: DCU Visa reporting use mid-cycle?

[ Edited ]

It sucks that they have a statement due date yet they post a balance not even related to the statement.  Seems to me to that it would be better to just change everybody's due date to the last day of the month so that there is no confusion.

 

So a few days before the end of the month I just PIF whatever the balance is.  But to tell you the truth, I am getting a little tired of chasing all of my credit card due dates vs the credit reporting date.  It is starting to drive me insane and I am about to NOT worry about it anymore.  As long as everything is paid by the due date is all I should really be concerned with, that is unless I'm ready to app and then consider the dates.  

 

I've only been at rebuilding my credit since around September of last year and it has gotten a little old for me.  Sometimes I can't remember if I've paid the bill by the due date since I have a few cards that report mid-cycle.  I have to go login to my CC account to check and see if the last payment was for the current statement or last statement, etc.  I tell you, I take my hat off to those who can manage this with multiple CC's and no angst or frustration.

 

 


Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Moderator
09Lexie
Posts: 24,417
Registered: ‎09-13-2012

Re: DCU Visa reporting use mid-cycle?


Rhaeny wrote:

It sucks that they have a statement due date yet they post a balance not even related to the statement.  Seems to me to that it would be better to just change everybody's due date to the last day of the month so that there is no confusion.

 

So a few days before the end of the month I just PIF whatever the balance is.  But to tell you the truth, I am getting a little tired of chasing all of my credit card due dates vs the credit reporting date.  It is starting to drive me insane and I am about to NOT worry about it anymore.  As long as everything is paid by the due date is all I should really be concerned with, that is unless I'm ready to app and then consider the dates.  

 

I've only been at rebuilding my credit since around September of last year and it has gotten a little old for me.  Sometimes I can't remember if I've paid the bill by the due date since I have a few cards that report mid-cycle.  I have to go login to my CC account to check and see if the last payment was for the current statement or last statement, etc.  I tell you, I take my hat off to those who can manage this with multiple CC's and no angst or frustration.

 

 


+1000! I thought it was just me feeling this worn out!

Established Contributor
eviLution
Posts: 704
Registered: ‎06-11-2012

Re: DCU Visa reporting use mid-cycle?

Yeah, I don't really like how DCU is reporting. I wish they would report the statement balance like Capital One.


Current Score: DCU EQ 714 - EX+ 746 - WM TU 746
Goal Score: 750+

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 6000 - Chase Freedom: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Valued Contributor
Rhaeny
Posts: 1,507
Registered: ‎07-24-2011

Re: DCU Visa reporting use mid-cycle?

[ Edited ]

09Lexie wrote:

Rhaeny wrote:

It sucks that they have a statement due date yet they post a balance not even related to the statement.  Seems to me to that it would be better to just change everybody's due date to the last day of the month so that there is no confusion.

 

So a few days before the end of the month I just PIF whatever the balance is.  But to tell you the truth, I am getting a little tired of chasing all of my credit card due dates vs the credit reporting date.  It is starting to drive me insane and I am about to NOT worry about it anymore.  As long as everything is paid by the due date is all I should really be concerned with, that is unless I'm ready to app and then consider the dates.  

 

I've only been at rebuilding my credit since around September of last year and it has gotten a little old for me.  Sometimes I can't remember if I've paid the bill by the due date since I have a few cards that report mid-cycle.  I have to go login to my CC account to check and see if the last payment was for the current statement or last statement, etc.  I tell you, I take my hat off to those who can manage this with multiple CC's and no angst or frustration.

 

 


+1000! I thought it was just me feeling this worn out!


LOL!!! Yea, I know this process is the best method for maximum score potential, but for goodness sakes can it be stressful.  I guess if you're only juggling 1 or 2 cards its not an issue.  But I was trying to show some usage on my CC's buying items that I would normally buy and the next thing I knew I was caught up in the matrix!  


Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+