Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Visa

tag
tjw0783
Valued Member

DCU Visa

Ive been thinking of applying for a DCU VISA and possibly their auto refi. My scores are 677, 675, 681. I do have a bankruptcy that was discharged in 2010. Ive since gotten 4 CC and have an excellent history since the bankruptcy.

Do they approve people with a discharged bankruptcy. Not wanting to waste a HP if they wont approve because of the BK.

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bnau99

Re: DCU Visa

@tjw0783 wrote:

Ive been thinking of applying for a DCU VISA and possibly their auto refi. My scores are 677, 675, 681. I do have a bankruptcy that was discharged in 2010. Ive since gotten 4 CC and have an excellent history since the bankruptcy.

Do they approve people with a discharged bankruptcy. Not wanting to waste a HP if they wont approve because of the BK.

Thanks! 

They are BK friendly.  Mine was discharged the same year as yours and I had around a 650 equifax (what they pull) and got approved for a 2k CC and a 20k car loan.  The membership plus 2 loans was 2 HP. 

Message 2 of 4
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@bnau99 wrote:

@tjw0783 wrote:

Thanks! 

They are BK friendly.  Mine was discharged the same year as yours and I had around a 650 equifax (what they pull) and got approved for a 2k CC and a 20k car loan.  The membership plus 2 loans was 2 HP. 

bnau99 - did you apply in branch or online?  Think that makes a difference for number of pulls.  May not, but thought I read that somewhere on here.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 3 of 4
bnau99

@BigBS wrote:

@bnau99 wrote:

@tjw0783 wrote:

Thanks! 

bnau99 - did you apply in branch or online?  Think that makes a difference for number of pulls.  May not, but thought I read that somewhere on here.

I applied online.  There were 5 questions or so pertaining to my credit report that I had to answer for verification.  I had an instant approval, but many have had to wait a week or longer because they answered those questions wrong or their address needed to be confirmed with DCU.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.