Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU approved my membership.

tag
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

DCU approved my membership.

So applied for membership and savings account of course and after answering identity questions it asked me to send copy of DL...with the suggestions here I sent them a colored copy of it and then the following day got a "welcome to DCU" email...now I hear they sometimes have pre-approved offers when you get membership....well I didn't see any when I opened savings account...does this only happen when of
gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: DCU approved my membership.

...to continue my previous post , does this only happen when you open checking and savings or is there a chance I will see offers when I register my account?...I can't at the moment because don't have membership number.
gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 2 of 11
karbon86
Valued Member

I applied for refi auto loan from PenFed(2.75%) to DCU (1.5%) this past week. I didn't do the membership first but was instantly approved for the auto loan. The system asked me to join as a member if I have not already. I joined with a only a savings and was given offers for Credit Card and Auto loan during the application to join. I didn't take any of the offers as I already was approved for the auto loan. The CC offer was their Platinum at $10K but it has no cash back so I would never use it. I guess it has low APR but I don't carry balances. 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@karbon86 wrote:

The CC offer was their Platinum at $10K but it has no cash back so I would never use it. I guess it has low APR but I don't carry balances. 

Who's CC offer was that?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@karbon86 wrote:

I applied for refi auto loan from PenFed(2.75%) to DCU (1.5%) this past week. I didn't do the membership first but was instantly approved for the auto loan. The system asked me to join as a member if I have not already. I joined with a only a savings and was given offers for Credit Card and Auto loan during the application to join. I didn't take any of the offers as I already was approved for the auto loan. The CC offer was their Platinum at $10K but it has no cash back so I would never use it. I guess it has low APR but I don't carry balances. 

Congrats on your recent approvals!!!

Message 5 of 11
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Initially, I never had offers online. I had to call and ask if I had offers. (Now, once I actually took an offer on the phone or had a credit product with them.. I later received preapprovals.) I love their preapprovals.. have done the auto loans through them and SP CLIs, as well.

Message 6 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats I hope it remains intact. DCU flagged my savings account with $10 in it immediately after I was approved for an internal audit. It went on for weeks until I told them goodbye.
Message 7 of 11
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:
Congrats I hope it remains intact. DCU flagged my savings account with $10 in it immediately after I was approved for an internal audit. It went on for weeks until I told them goodbye.

That's very weird!

Message 8 of 11
karbon86
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@karbon86 wrote:

The CC offer was their Platinum at $10K but it has no cash back so I would never use it. I guess it has low APR but I don't carry balances. 

Who's CC offer was that?

DCU Visa Platinum offer when I joined as a memeber. https://www.dcu.org/loans/visa-choices.html

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

dodgerslv: I recently applied to DCU, and when I was doing the application online, after I entered all my personal information, just before the end of the application, it told me I was pre-approved for 2 things: a credit card with a credit line of 10k, and an auto loan for 40k.

I could either select one or both things. I selected none, but I do plan to get an auto loan later on from them, that's the only reason I joined. I read nothing but good things about them in terms of their auto loans here in the forums.

So to answer your question, yes, you do get pre-approved offers before you even finish the application itself.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.