Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU credit card question(s)? UPDATE

tag
eviLution
Established Contributor

Re: DCU credit card question(s)?

@racer-x wrote:

Rhaeny - Thanks, that advice/info helps for sure.  The utilization will absolutely be 3-4% in 8 days or so.  I wired Cap One/Suzuki $7500 on 12/07/12.  It's been posted on my account, but my next Cap One statement isn't until the 3rd - 5th of Jan., so the CR's won't update til then.

I am shooting for higher limits, btw.

They'll probably start you off with a $7.5k-10k with lowest apr available with your EQ score.

The CL they gave me was based off my income because I applied with a thin file. They probably would've started me off with a $7.5k limit if I waited til January to app. I'm still grateful they gave me a chance instead of a counter-offer with a secured card. Smiley Happy

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 11 of 26
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@racer-x wrote:

Rhaeny - Thanks, that advice/info helps for sure.  The utilization will absolutely be 3-4% in 8 days or so.  I wired Cap One/Suzuki $7500 on 12/07/12.  It's been posted on my account, but my next Cap One statement isn't until the 3rd - 5th of Jan., so the CR's won't update til then.

I am shooting for higher limits, btw.

Well, when the utilization hits then you hit the submit button on DCU!  Oh and try this, just do the app for the card and not membership first.  I've read that some people get one pull instead of two going this way.  If they approve you for the card then they will have to open you up a membership so the theory is that they just one pull is necessary (dependending on which csr you talk to).  However it has worked out for a few people that they only get one pull.  It may or may not work for you but its worth a try. 

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 12 of 26
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Rhaeny - That'll be the plan.  Wait for utilization to go down and then app with DCU.

Do you think the new $3500 CC and $8200 auto loan showing up on EQ before I app with DCU will hurt me any with DCU?

I feel like best case scenario would be my utilization reporting at 3-4% with $20K available credit across the board and no new TL's reporting.

I already have the Cap One /Suzuki account that reports as a $15K revolver.  So having the $3500 card reporting probably wouldn't encourage DCU to give me a card with at least that limit....would it?

Message 13 of 26
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@racer-x wrote:

Rhaeny - That'll be the plan.  Wait for utilization to go down and then app with DCU.

Do you think the new $3500 CC and $8200 auto loan showing up on EQ before I app with DCU will hurt me any with DCU?

I feel like best case scenario would be my utilization reporting at 3-4% with $20K available credit across the board and no new TL's reporting.

I already have the Cap One /Suzuki account that reports as a $15K revolver.  So having the $3500 card reporting probably wouldn't encourage DCU to give me a card with at least that limit....would it?

The red is defintely the best scenario.  So many other things could depend on the approval as well so its kind of hard to say, but typically without the new cc and auto showing you more than likely have a better chance at getting a higher limit.  The only thing that I'm not certain of is the AAoA.  I'm just not sure how they (or any other creditor for that matter) views this.  And because of these circumstances is why I said hit the app first and not the membership because just in case this doesn't go favorably then you only have one hp from DCU.  But I do beleive you have a very strong chance of being approved, for what CL I'm not sure.  I see scores much much lower than yours getting approved.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 14 of 26
eviLution
Established Contributor

I didn't even have a Fico Score at time of app and I got approved, but I had no baddies at all on my CR.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
Message 15 of 26
racer-x
Valued Contributor

evil - My EQ is clean as can be and that's what DCU pulls as far as I know so I should be good to go.  I hope anyway.

Message 16 of 26
eviLution
Established Contributor

You should be! Best of luck to you buddy!

Message 17 of 26
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Re: DCU credit card question(s)? UPDATE

BAM!   Just got a SW alert and the new GECU VISA reported to EQ.  Up 21 pts. to 716.

And just because of the new account as far as I can tell.  Nothing else has changed.  Utilization % may have changed for the better, if it shows my $3500 CL for the new card but in the column for CL it shows ' not reported.'

I wonder why the $8200 GECU auto loan didn't show up yet?  Maybe a different department/branch of the CU?  I got the VISA and auto loan at the same time.

I expected a jump like this once Cap One reports my new 3-4% utilization instead of the current 50% on that $15K CL.

I can't wait to see what happens then.

According to experian.experiandirect, my score dropped 7 pts. to 669.  Doesn't make sense why my fako EX can go in the opposite direction of such a big-ish myfico EQ bump up?

Message 18 of 26
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Well, my utilization drop from 50% to 4% reported across the board.

EQ up to 744.

Is DCU open today? lol

What to do what to do....I really want to focus on EQ friendly creditors to get the best CL's and rates.

Message 19 of 26
eviLution
Established Contributor

Did you get 10k with lowest apr available at DCU? lol

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.