Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU credit card question(s)? UPDATE

tag
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Re: DCU credit card question(s)? UPDATE

Hell yeah I did.....$10K at 8.5%.

That beats my local CU which is $3500 CL at 8.99%.

and...

Discover IT  $1875

Paypl Mastercard $1000

Lowes $650

US Bank Platinum Visa - 7-10 days.  I may call tomorrow.  US is my main bank for crying' out loud.  They'd better do something or I'll pull the plug.

Message 21 of 26
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@racer-x wrote:

Hell yeah I did.....$10K at 8.5%.

That beats my local CU which is $3500 CL at 8.99%.

and...

Discover IT  $1875

Paypl Mastercard $1000

Lowes $650

US Bank Platinum Visa - 7-10 days.  I may call tomorrow.  US is my main bank for crying' out loud.  They'd better do something or I'll pull the plug.

Very nice......Now stop app for new credit and stay your butt in garden for a long while .....You have enough credit for a whole year lol..................

PS: Did DCU pull membership and CC with 2 HP ?

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 22 of 26
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Nicolas - Yeah, I'm finished til I buy my home in mid 2014..  I've been on basically a 10yr journey without credit. but the past 5 yrs have been a total rebuilding of my credit and life for that matter.

I'm a humble guy.  My vehicles are 15-18 yrs. old.  Except for a 2007 Van I bought for $2000 from Craigslist.  (Retail is $9000).  I used that van to secure a loan to pay down that Cap One/Suzuki account that has been killing me with interest and it made my utilization go from 50% to 4%, which opened the door for my success today.

My total debt was/is only $9000.  No mortgage, no $ 30K car, no $40K boat.

I am veeeerrrrryyyyy frugal nowadays.  I used to have alot....business owner, work vehicles, motorcycles(still have some), mortgage, $35K car, $35K truck...all at the same time....I self destructed in a sense.  Some of it my fault, alot of it not.

We all have our stories....point is, today was a result of patient suffering, enduring, and just living right.  I'm a firm believer if people just get up and go to work everyday, things will fall into place.  I feel I reached a peak of sorts, maybe just a crest of a hill, until I buy that house in the country in 2014.

-As far as  the 2 HP's from DCU, i don't know.  I was told to do the app lst online, and once I get the card or am contacted by DCU to become a member, I may or may not get hit with the 2nd HP.  It's possible that there will only be 1 HP, but not certain..

So, if you go for DCU, do the application lst, then do the membership once instructed  or contacted.

Message 23 of 26
kobe2012
Established Contributor

Congrats on the DCU! i got two hp for membership and cc...i got approved for cc then denied on membership....oh well... ill find out the denial in the next few days

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 24 of 26
racer-x
Valued Contributor

kobe - So how does that work?  Getting a card but being denied membership?  Thought you had to be a member to get a card?

Will they deny you the card now?  What could keep somebody from getting granted membership?

Message 25 of 26
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

See this thread about it.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Credit-Union-Really/td-p/1790874

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.