Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU do they ask for Check stubs?

tag
Smug
Established Contributor

DCU do they ask for Check stubs?

I just apped for a saving account for the free FICO. Did you have to. Show stubs for the credit card, or we're you approved, heard some are?
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Re: DCU do they ask for Check stubs?

When I sat down with the branch manager for a credit card, she told me they do verify income. Maybe not pay stubs exclusively, but they do verify it one way or another.

I didn't end up opening a CC because not all my income is shown on my pay stubs and 1099 as I have oversea assets. And CU determine CLs mostly based on income and score.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 2 of 11
mkm77
Regular Contributor

I opened an account a few months ago and did not have to verify anything...opened online 10k limit.

Message 3 of 11
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

In person I was told they won't even begin an application without proof of income in hand as its "required" to be attached to the application.
Message 4 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

When I opened my account with them about 6 years ago, they did ask for W-2's

Message 5 of 11
Smug
Established Contributor

I guess it veries then, I just want to be prepared in case, however I don't need another card just a FICO
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 6 of 11
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

This reminds me, I need to join DCU for the free monthly EQ FICO! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Smug wrote:
I just apped for a saving account for the free FICO. Did you have to. Show stubs for the credit card, or we're you approved, heard some are?

Yes, they do.  I was an old customer from back in 2000 but had left a few thousand in an account years ago, re-activated my account and applied for one of their cards.  They verified income the usual way, last two W2 pay stubs and some additional silly documentation for tradelines on my report.

It was actually pretty invasive now that I look at the supporting documentation I had to provide on some of my accounts, but I wasn't overly concerned about it at the time.

        
Message 8 of 11
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Smug wrote:

Yes, they do.  I was an old customer from back in 2000 but had left a few thousand in an account years ago, re-activated my account and applied for one of their cards.  They verified income the usual way, last two W2 pay stubs and some additional silly documentation for tradelines on my report.

It was actually pretty invasive now that I look at the supporting documentation I had to provide on some of my accounts, but I wasn't overly concerned about it at the time.

So almost like an AmEx FR, but not as bad? Are DCU's cc's even worth the trouble? Their cc's don't look appealing to me.

Message 9 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@kevinjjc wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Smug wrote:

So almost like an AmEx FR, but not as bad? Are DCU's cc's even worth the trouble? Their cc's don't look appealing to me.

In and of themselves, probably not.  Low interest, no frills card; however I needed a CU for future purposes, and another credit card from anyone (it didn't matter at all from whom as long as they reported to 3 bureaus) who would approve me; I had a relationship there from years ago, so I picked one up.  CS800 is probably a better reference as he's been a CC customer there for a lot longer in terms of how they are with CL's... they seem to be pretty good for auto loans though which was my longer term goal with DCU.  Whether they'll beat either Penfed or USAA remains to be seen.

I'm on the fence as to the benefits of a free FICO score, but it's been sort of nice to have just as random tracking mechanism over time as my scores have begun to increase... but really it's only saved me maybe $60 from not going with my original plan of a pull of EQ/TU from here every three months, and that's only if I don't pull in July as I expect to.   

They did make some improvements to their online interface at least lately, so they're trying.

        
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.