Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU double pull

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

DCU double pull

The DCU (Digital Federal Credit Union) site said I'm preapproved for a Visa card.

I applied.

They DOUBLE PULLED, getting reports from both EQ and EX.

And then they sent me an email, telling me they had a decision and I should call them.

I called them..... denied.

I sent them a message cancelling my savings & checking accounts [this was the 2nd time they turned me down after telling me I was preapproved].

To add salt to the wound -- they sent me an email urging me to stay and falsely proclaiming:

"Before you close your membership, please visit the Loan Suite Tab for multiple special offers.  Any offer that says pre approved no credit is pulled when you accept."

Bottom line, they keep telling me I'm approved and then turn me down, they force me to humiliate myself with a phone call to find out I've been turned down, they double pull, and then they falsely claim there is no pull at all. I'm done with these folks.

[Data points: my EQ FICO 8 was 782, my EX FICO 8 was 790, my EQ FICO 5 which is the one they soft pull was 747, denial reason was the usual -- too many recent inquiries and new accounts]

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: DCU double pull

Sorry to hear that SJ, definetly not right. With your profile just mindboggling how they could tease and not please. They should really do something about those misleading offers. Good for you for jumping ship when its obvious they dont respect your relationship.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

The DCU (Digital Federal Credit Union) site said I'm preapproved for a Visa card.

I applied.

They DOUBLE PULLED, getting reports from both EQ and EX.

And then they sent me an email, telling me they had a decision and I should call them.

I called them..... denied.

I sent them a message cancelling my savings & checking accounts [this was the 2nd time they turned me down after telling me I was preapproved].

To add salt to the wound -- they sent me an email urging me to stay and falsely proclaiming:

"Before you close your membership, please visit the Loan Suite Tab for multiple special offers.  Any offer that says pre approved no credit is pulled when you accept."

Bottom line, they keep telling me I'm approved and then turn me down, they force me to humiliate myself with a phone call to find out I've been turned down, they double pull, and then they falsely claim there is no pull at all. I'm done with these folks.

[Data points: my EQ FICO 8 was 782, my EX FICO 8 was 790, my EQ FICO 5 which is the one they soft pull was 747, denial reason was the usual -- too many recent inquiries and new accounts]

If they tell you that no HP will take place I would fight it. Demand they pull the phone conversation. Call the EO and tell them you want them to recode as soft pulls. If they told you no HP then hold them to it.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been meaning to apply for a DCU card. How many recent accounts and inquiries did you have?

Message 4 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been meaning to apply for a DCU card. How many recent accounts and inquiries did you have?

Plenty.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.