tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DCU is SO Slow to become a member!!

@09Lexie wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

@aubie1kenobie2 wrote:

@DevotionToU wrote:

My experience today was the same as bonehead88's.  I signed up filled in all the information.  It accepted everything (including driver's license#).  I answered the security questions correctly and they sent instant approval. I got a followup webpage that was the application confirmation.  It laid out what to expect (dates for delivery of mail items, pin#, cards, etc.).  

I was even pre-approved for an auto loan, but I did not go for that at the current time as I am working in the short term to get my score a bit higher in the next 2-3 months and will hopefully qualify for their best rate at that time.

They have a promo rate now (1.24% with DD and 675+ EQ score) and not sure how long that will last. If your EQ score is >675 and you need a car, now is a good time to do it (just my humble opinion).

To OP, sorry it is taking so long!

To get the 1.24 rate you must have your entire net check DD, not just a part of it.  This is what the crabby lady told me yesterday.  It would be awesome of I was misinformed.  I thought it was a very odd requirement (electronic payment yes, but entire DD??) but now that I am aware they charge to ACH out it makes sense.  Nonsense for us, but cents for them.

I believe you were misinformed. They woul have no idea.  I know it has to be more than the loan pyt. 

This is true, Lexie. I literally was told this from a rep because my APR was raise 0.5% it was supposed to be 1.99 but it's 2.49 now. Doesn't matter to me. I only had 89 going every other week just to cover the monthly payment on the loan, so mine was pretty easy to see that it wasn't the net. 

Message 31 of 61
rg23
Established Member

Wow, this seems like alot of work for membership. I just applied on Friday and sent my DL, Today I get an e-mail to

submit my SS and proof of residence. My goal was to try an auto loan refi. but dont know now....

LOWES-25K|CSP-15K|DISCOVER-15K|BARCLAYS-13K|AMEXEDP-30K|CITI-11.2K|BBMC-10K|WALMART-10K|CAP1Q.S.-5K|NORDSTROM 8K|FNBO AMEX 4K

FICO EQ08 743TU08 741EX08 753
Message 32 of 61
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

took a little over a week for me....submitted dl, ss card pictures, and a utility bill got membership acceptance today stick with it, its worth it to save money, i was ready to give up myself

Message 33 of 61
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

I applied online for membership late Sat. night., emailed my DL right away and my approval email arrived today (Mon. afternoon.) I was prepared for a wait and quite surprised  it took less than 48 hours, and it was over a weekend.

Message 34 of 61
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

For some people it's quite quick. For some people and for some reason it can be a very laborious process. Luckily, mine was an instant approval. I don't think I have the patience to have gone through an involved process with this CU.
Message 35 of 61
rg23
Established Member

Update;

Called today with the "excuse" of confriming they received my doc; recieved the Welocme to DCU e-mail an

hour later.  will receive the paperwork in 7-10 days

Question, is there any way to set up an online account before I receive the paperwork?

LOWES-25K|CSP-15K|DISCOVER-15K|BARCLAYS-13K|AMEXEDP-30K|CITI-11.2K|BBMC-10K|WALMART-10K|CAP1Q.S.-5K|NORDSTROM 8K|FNBO AMEX 4K

FICO EQ08 743TU08 741EX08 753
Message 36 of 61
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@rg23 wrote:

Update;

Called today with the "excuse" of confriming they received my doc; recieved the Welocme to DCU e-mail an

Question, is there any way to set up an online account before I receive the paperwork?

You'll need your user number which they mail.

Message 37 of 61
tre_
Established Member

rg23 wrote:

Update;

I just tried the same. Hopefully it works for me. Fingers crossed! I actually have a car sitting there waiting for me at a car dealership. Contract signed and all.

Message 38 of 61
john398
Senior Contributor

Reguarding the transfer out ACH fees, do they chartge those reguardless weather you ACH is initiated from there site or a pull from another bank?

Message 39 of 61
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

I just read the following on the DCU website, also, it says $500 a month is the minimum to qualify for the DD benefits.

Pre-authorized payments to your DCU accounts
This service (also known as debit transfers or ACH origination) allows you to automatically move money from your accounts at another financial institution to your accounts at DCU. You can make recurring deposits into your DCUchecking or savings account or make recurring DCU loan payments. You choose which DCU account the money goes into and which account at your other financial institution the money will be transferred from. DCU does not charge a fee for the service. Your other institution may do so.
If you transfer at least $500 per month into your DCU checking account using this method, you'll qualify for the DCU direct deposit benefits outlined above. You have the option to send money to DCU weekly, biweekly, or monthly. You must submit a completed Authorization and Agreement for Preauthorized Payments form in order for recurring transfers to begin.
Message 40 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.