Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU is SO Slow to become a member!!

tag
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Re: DCU is SO Slow to become a member!!

I used my PO Box which was my problem instead of my physical and it only took me about 3 weeks to get approved, and many, many, many phone calls checking in and I think they finally rushed it so I would stop calling!  Sit back, fix yourself a drink and give them what they want IN COLOR.  lol

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 11 of 61
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

It took me about one month to set it up. 

I don't like the fact that they charge you for ACH transferring out to an external account. Transferring in is free.

Message 12 of 61
DevotionToU
Regular Contributor

My experience today was the same as bonehead88's.  I signed up filled in all the information.  It accepted everything (including driver's license#).  I answered the security questions correctly and they sent instant approval. I got a followup webpage that was the application confirmation.  It laid out what to expect (dates for delivery of mail items, pin#, cards, etc.).  

I was even pre-approved for an auto loan, but I did not go for that at the current time as I am working in the short term to get my score a bit higher in the next 2-3 months and will hopefully qualify for their best rate at that time.

$18000 Discover IT / $6000 Chase Freedom / $5000 DCU Visa / $3900 Fifth Third / $2500 Capital One Quicksilver / $2000 AMEX Blue Cash Everyday / $500 Chase Slate
Message 13 of 61
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Wonder if I failed the security questions... I don't think so but... This is only for checking and savings!
But sent pay stub now because once approved we will be applying for auto.
But even my membership which I had to send documents 2 different times they had me set up online account and I was able to load documents that way... I have received nothing like that for my partner yet... It's always when you hope it will be quick it's not! Lol
Message 14 of 61
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Well that annoys me into the weekend just called to find out still no decision and membership people left at 5 until Monday... She didn't think the paystub worked and couldn't answer why they need more address verification when the DL shows the correct or if the secerety questions were failed or something as to why this is 
Such a process"

she was very nice and said yes it can be a long processes sometimes for some reason but that's about it.

she didn't think our lease would work either... I was like ummm...

so she just said we would have to call monday and talk to them directly.

The apartment only has electric and our directv which are both in my name!!

Message 15 of 61
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I will say my entrance to DCU was painless. The credit card application? Not at all. In their defense I was wracking up new accounts and they probably shouldn't have approved me for a large amount. I was seeing 7.5 and 10 being approved so I thought why not. Approved for 3 and the computer approved me for 300 at the start!! It was a nightmare. I will not apply for much from them from now on. I will say the auto loan was super easy and was worth my time.
Message 16 of 61
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

I don't like the fact that they charge you for ACH transferring out to an external account. Transferring in is free.

Huh???  I didnt' realize that.  I just couldn't figure out how to ACH from my other CU to them and vice versa so I've never tried it.  I also have USAA who is a dream to transfer money from and to so I have part of my paycheck DD into DCU but then if I need to transfer I do it thru USAA.

I was approved for a refi with DCU yesterday and I havent' heard a peep.  I called at lunchtime and they said they can't help me, I have to wait for the "closer" to call me, then I need to submit paperwork (paycheck etc).  It's now 7:01pm their time.  I'm not impressed AT ALL.  My refi with my other CU last July was completed within minutes (and they didn't need anything from me).  The 1.74 rate is the only reason I'm doing this and I'm beginning to have second thoughts as I'm thinking my CU deserves the interest I pay more than lazy, unorganized DCU!

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 17 of 61
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@kroberts67 wrote:

@DigitalArk wrote:

Huh???  I didnt' realize that.  I just couldn't figure out how to ACH from my other CU to them and vice versa so I've never tried it.  I also have USAA who is a dream to transfer money from and to so I have part of my paycheck DD into DCU but then if I need to transfer I do it thru USAA.

I was approved for a refi with DCU yesterday and I havent' heard a peep.  I called at lunchtime and they said they can't help me, I have to wait for the "closer" to call me, then I need to submit paperwork (paycheck etc).  It's now 7:01pm their time.  I'm not impressed AT ALL.  My refi with my other CU last July was completed within minutes (and they didn't need anything from me).  The 1.74 rate is the only reason I'm doing this and I'm beginning to have second thoughts as I'm thinking my CU deserves the interest I pay more than lazy, unorganized DCU!

This is the only reason my partner is joining! don't tell me this Smiley Tongue

Message 18 of 61
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Creditaddict wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

@DigitalArk wrote:

Definitely a YMMV. Auto Loans Forum is inundated with users extremely happy with DCUs speed. Personally, it took me less than 10 min on the phone, docs were emailed and Chase received pay off funds  less than 72 hours later. 

Message 19 of 61
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

@DigitalArk wrote:

They do have great rates!  Maybe my other CU has just spoiled me too much!  Smiley Wink

My Credit Repair Journey
Message 20 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.