Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU is SO Slow to become a member!!

tag
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

Re: DCU is SO Slow to become a member!!

@DevotionToU wrote:

My experience today was the same as bonehead88's.  I signed up filled in all the information.  It accepted everything (including driver's license#).  I answered the security questions correctly and they sent instant approval. I got a followup webpage that was the application confirmation.  It laid out what to expect (dates for delivery of mail items, pin#, cards, etc.).  

I was even pre-approved for an auto loan, but I did not go for that at the current time as I am working in the short term to get my score a bit higher in the next 2-3 months and will hopefully qualify for their best rate at that time.

They have a promo rate now (1.24% with DD and 675+ EQ score) and not sure how long that will last. If your EQ score is >675 and you need a car, now is a good time to do it (just my humble opinion).

To OP, sorry it is taking so long!

Starting Score: No credit history in July 2013, 663 in August (lender pulled)
Current Score: 773 (Discover FICO), 749 (DCU EQ)
Ultimate goal: Buy a house in 2016!
Message 21 of 61
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

@kroberts67 wrote:

@DigitalArk wrote:

It took me about one month to set it up. 

I don't like the fact that they charge you for ACH transferring out to an external account. Transferring in is free.

Huh???  I didnt' realize that.  I just couldn't figure out how to ACH from my other CU to them and vice versa so I've never tried it.  I also have USAA who is a dream to transfer money from and to so I have part of my paycheck DD into DCU but then if I need to transfer I do it thru USAA.

I was approved for a refi with DCU yesterday and I havent' heard a peep.  I called at lunchtime and they said they can't help me, I have to wait for the "closer" to call me, then I need to submit paperwork (paycheck etc).  It's now 7:01pm their time.  I'm not impressed AT ALL.  My refi with my other CU last July was completed within minutes (and they didn't need anything from me).  The 1.74 rate is the only reason I'm doing this and I'm beginning to have second thoughts as I'm thinking my CU deserves the interest I pay more than lazy, unorganized DCU!

Call the DCU number and ask to be connected to a loan officer. Once you get them, ask for the loan reference number so that they get to your file right away. Also ask the loan officer for their extension, so you get them right away when you call.

Message 22 of 61
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@aubie1kenobie2 wrote:

@DevotionToU wrote:

My experience today was the same as bonehead88's.  I signed up filled in all the information.  It accepted everything (including driver's license#).  I answered the security questions correctly and they sent instant approval. I got a followup webpage that was the application confirmation.  It laid out what to expect (dates for delivery of mail items, pin#, cards, etc.).  

I was even pre-approved for an auto loan, but I did not go for that at the current time as I am working in the short term to get my score a bit higher in the next 2-3 months and will hopefully qualify for their best rate at that time.

They have a promo rate now (1.24% with DD and 675+ EQ score) and not sure how long that will last. If your EQ score is >675 and you need a car, now is a good time to do it (just my humble opinion).

To get the 1.24 rate you must have your entire net check DD, not just a part of it.  This is what the crabby lady told me yesterday.  It would be awesome of I was misinformed.  I thought it was a very odd requirement (electronic payment yes, but entire DD??) but now that I am aware they charge to ACH out it makes sense.  Nonsense for us, but cents for them.

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 23 of 61
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@aubie1kenobie2 wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

@DigitalArk wrote:

I don't like the fact that they charge you for ACH transferring out to an external account. Transferring in is free.

Huh???  I didnt' realize that.  I just couldn't figure out how to ACH from my other CU to them and vice versa so I've never tried it.  I also have USAA who is a dream to transfer money from and to so I have part of my paycheck DD into DCU but then if I need to transfer I do it thru USAA.

I was approved for a refi with DCU yesterday and I havent' heard a peep.  I called at lunchtime and they said they can't help me, I have to wait for the "closer" to call me, then I need to submit paperwork (paycheck etc).  It's now 7:01pm their time.  I'm not impressed AT ALL.  My refi with my other CU last July was completed within minutes (and they didn't need anything from me).  The 1.74 rate is the only reason I'm doing this and I'm beginning to have second thoughts as I'm thinking my CU deserves the interest I pay more than lazy, unorganized DCU!

Call the DCU number and ask to be connected to a loan officer. Once you get them, ask for the loan reference number so that they get to your file right away. Also ask the loan officer for their extension, so you get them right away when you call.

When I called I went for the loan dept so wouldn't that have been the same thing?  Thanks you, I'll try that tomorrow if they're open on Sat.  I received only a generic email from them stating someone would call me shortly.  The rep who answered was insistent that no one would be able to help me, that I must wait for the call.  He did say they would call me by 7pm their time but that didn't happen.  So strange to treat their members like this, I'm sure they miss out on many a deal.

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 24 of 61
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@kroberts67 wrote:

@aubie1kenobie2 wrote:

@DevotionToU wrote:

To get the 1.24 rate you must have your entire net check DD, not just a part of it.  This is what the crabby lady told me yesterday.  It would be awesome of I was misinformed.  I thought it was a very odd requirement (electronic payment yes, but entire DD??) but now that I am aware they charge to ACH out it makes sense.  Nonsense for us, but cents for them.

I believe you were misinformed. They woul have no idea.  I know it has to be more than the loan pyt. 

Message 25 of 61
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@kroberts67 wrote:

@aubie1kenobie2 wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

@DigitalArk wrote:

When I called I went for the loan dept so wouldn't that have been the same thing?  Thanks you, I'll try that tomorrow if they're open on Sat.  I received only a generic email from them stating someone would call me shortly.  The rep who answered was insistent that no one would be able to help me, that I must wait for the call.  He did say they would call me by 7pm their time but that didn't happen.  So strange to treat their members like this, I'm sure they miss out on many a deal.

Pretty sure their loan dept is not open on weekends. 

Message 26 of 61
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

@aubie1kenobie2 wrote:

@DevotionToU wrote:

I believe you were misinformed. They woul have no idea.  I know it has to be more than the loan pyt. 

She said they require your paystub, so they would see your net pay.  Otherwise you're right, they wouldn't know.

My Credit Repair Journey
Message 27 of 61
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@kroberts67 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

@aubie1kenobie2 wrote:

@DevotionToU wrote:

She said they require your paystub, so they would see your net pay.  Otherwise you're right, they wouldn't know.

Could be wrong but IMO the pay stub is for UW. The benefit of the reduced rate come from the checking/loan package.  For those they never ask for income docs, how would that affect their DD status?

Message 28 of 61
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

@kroberts67 wrote:

@aubie1kenobie2 wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

@DigitalArk wrote:

Not the loan department option from the automated menu. You specifically ask for a loan officer from the branch and they will connect you. Once you have the extension number you bypass this step.

Message 29 of 61

I didn't have any bills in my name at my address but my W2 was addressed there and they took that. It also took care fo the income verification.

But yes, they want the whole check and give you 90 days to do so or they will rate jack you. Just 0.50% though.

737 - EQ | 683 - EX | 663 TU - 03/31/14

WPCU Platinum Visa $20K / DCU Rewards Visa $10K / Home Depot $10K / Fifth Third Rewards $7500 / Chase Freedom $1500 (AU) /Barclaycard $750 / Fingerhut $700 / Credit One $550 / NWFCU Visa $500 / Macy's $500 / Quicksilver $500 / Kohl's $400 / J Crew $250 / Buckle $250 / Express $250

Message 30 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.