Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU membership ?

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

DCU membership ?

I think I just failed the stupid verification questions on DCU membership application.  Does anybody know how correct these answers have to be?  1 question was Torrance, CA  - Los Angeles county (which is completely wrong so I selected "none of the above"  and the same for Littleton, CO - Denver county  "none of the above" because both answers are WRONG.  I agree Torrance is near Los Angeles and Littleton near Denver but the counties are wrong. One of the questions even came with two correct answers  Discover and Barclays but I could select only 1..... how to pass such silly  identification questions without gambling?

Edit: just realized that counties change in 30 years time..LOL ..so I guess I need to do some homework on all my former addresses

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DCU membership ?

Fingers crossed. Think some of this verification stuff has gotten way out of control.
Message 2 of 5
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

GL it's better to pass the verification with DCU that's for sure.

I didn't have the experience a lot of others have had regarding their CC though... some computer glitch malfunction and approved me but for 300 (the decimal was off according to the underwriter) however, the rep I spoke with was just plain rude.

YEMV, of course.
Message 3 of 5
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I think I blew that one but glad I only applied for the membership. So the waste is 1 HP and not 2 HP. During application of the membership they offered me a car loan of 35K and a cc of 10K but I declined as I new it would be a HP for membership and HP for credit product.  So it will be interesting to see what the outcome will be on the membership.  The question about the lender I have an account with where Discover and Barclays appear was really getting me a headache...50/50% ... we will see how the lucky gamble will be. The question on Torrance, CA for sure is wrong because my former address had a zip in Orange county and now it is Los Angeles county....

...was a good example at least I did some research and know all the counties on former addresses....LOL

Message 4 of 5
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Update:

After a couple of weeks fighting and faxing all kinds of documents membership denied. The reason is the funniest I ever heard. It was not the silly questions, or the documents but guess what....it is the addressSmiley Surprised.... the apartment is on the top floor of a business complex and therefore is registered with the postal service as business and not residential and this was the reason for DCU to deny  my membership....all explanations failed. Answer was always it is the law it has to show residential ???

Now I wonder if DCU has an EO that I can contact to at least have the HP removed ?  I did not apply for any credit product. All I wanted is to apply  for membership for a potential car loan later on if needed. Does anybody have any idea if there is a way I can get that HP removed because if they had mentioned clearly before the address needs to show "residential" in the postal system  then I could have told them upfront that it is listed as "business" in all verification systems and would not have applied for membership. But there is no info about that and it never has been an issue for anybody in the past. It just said residential address and this is it for me....oh well DCU is the most unprofessional company I have ever dealt so far Smiley Mad

DCU made me lose interest in CUs and stay with major banks as their service is professional Smiley Happy

Looking for EO contact...if anybody has it I would appreciate a PM - thanks in advance

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.