Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU not reporting new balance

tag
Cali_Credit
Frequent Contributor

DCU not reporting new balance

Does anybody have any issues with DCU not updating correct balances on credit bureaus? I paid most of my balance early march and they still havnt reported the balance change on any credit bureaus. It seems the last update was in Feb. I'm really not liking the way DCU lags on reporting when all my other creditors normally report right after a statement cuts.
Current Fico's: TU 797 / EQ 785 / EX 775
Wallet: US Bank Business Edge $16,000 I Chase Ink $18,500 | US Bank Cash + Visa Sig $15,000 | Amex PRG NSL | Barclay Arrival+ WMC $10,000 l Amex BCP $20,000 | PenFed Visa Sig $9,000 | DCU Plat. $10,000 | Logix $10,000 | Discover $18,900 | WalMart $10,000 | Paypal MC $15,000 | Barclay NFL $3,400 | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMC $34,500 | J C Penny $5000 | Target $2000 13 Personal & 2 Business CreditCards
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: DCU not reporting new balance

@IECredit wrote:
Does anybody have any issues with DCU not updating correct balances on credit bureaus? I paid most of my balance early march and they still havnt reported the balance change on any credit bureaus. It seems the last update was in Feb. I'm really not liking the way DCU lags on reporting when all my other creditors normally report right after a statement cuts.

They sometimes don't report for a whole quarter. My balance on my card still reflects my January balance and I see that they have not updated.

But if you miss one payment, you bet they will get the 30 day late fast on all 3 CRA

Message 2 of 12
Cali_Credit
Frequent Contributor

Wow a Whole Quarter? With my balance reporting with DCU my utilization is at 25% if they would report I would go down to about 10% and it's really frustrating! Makes me not even want to use the card and risk them posting a balance. =(
Current Fico's: TU 797 / EQ 785 / EX 775
Wallet: US Bank Business Edge $16,000 I Chase Ink $18,500 | US Bank Cash + Visa Sig $15,000 | Amex PRG NSL | Barclay Arrival+ WMC $10,000 l Amex BCP $20,000 | PenFed Visa Sig $9,000 | DCU Plat. $10,000 | Logix $10,000 | Discover $18,900 | WalMart $10,000 | Paypal MC $15,000 | Barclay NFL $3,400 | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMC $34,500 | J C Penny $5000 | Target $2000 13 Personal & 2 Business CreditCards
Message 3 of 12
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@IECredit wrote:

Same thing here with mine.  It's still reporting the Feb $1900 balance, and it's now $0.  Did not know that they sometimes only report quarterly.  Will have to SD this card if that's the case.

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 4 of 12
KausticRage
New Contributor

Damn, sucks to hear they possibly only report quarterly Smiley Sad  They still have my balance from late Jan to early Feb and its down to about 3% now from 15%.  Good thing I have high limits on other cards to offset that and keep me at 9% overall utilization.  This news will make me think twice about using the card for any large purchases.

April 2013 FICO Scores
Experian - 709 Chase Freedom Pull
Equifax - 788 BofA MLB Rewards Pull
Trans Union - 778 (GE Money Bank CLI scores)

In the Garden until at least 2014 to let the new accounts age and HP's fall off. 800 club here I come...
Message 5 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I got approved for a Visa and I refi'd my car in early March. Of course neither is reporting ( sure would like that $10k Visa to report) based on this post can I assume it may take them a few months to report the new accounts?
Message 6 of 12
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
I got approved for a Visa and I refi'd my car in early March. Of course neither is reporting ( sure would like that $10k Visa to report) based on this post can I assume it may take them a few months to report the new accounts?

I don't recall an issue with them having delayed reporting when I opened my account with them last August, so yours should report soon.  

Of course, I always PIF with them until this past Feb when I allowed my balance to carry over and now they're not reporting the updated/$0 balance.  Naturally... Smiley Frustrated

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 7 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@TNT
I put a $100 on the Visa a few weeks ago, statement generated on Mar 21- I was hoping it would report soon after the statement date. Maybe it will report next month.
Message 8 of 12
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

DCU is definitely inconsistent. However if you use the online chat and notify, the agent will email a form that you can fax/email back and they can update the bureaus on demand. Of course they claim it is a "courtesy" and don't want to indulge in doing that all the time. 

Message 9 of 12
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Mine has been reporting consistently every month, however they report the balance as of the last day of the month and not the statement balance.  So I always make sure the balance is what I want on that day.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.