Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU pyramiding debt

tag
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

DCU pyramiding debt

had a preapproval come up for me on my account page.....they denied without a hp (account was opened around a month ago) for this very reason. I have only even heard of this with penfed i believe, my util was 1% for two months back to back and reported high balance was 0 on all cards with one exception....that was a $58 balance

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Re: DCU pyramiding debt

@juggalo9er wrote:

had a preapproval come up for me on my account page.....they denied without a hp (account was opened around a month ago) for this very reason. I have only even heard of this with penfed i believe, my util was 1% for two months back to back and reported high balance was 0 on all cards with one exception....that was a $58 balance

Weird.  The only think I can think of is maybe they see something on the installment loan side of your CR.  Do you have any recent student or personal loans?  

My understanding of pyramiding debt is using credit/loan to pay for credit, which does not fit your situation as far as I can tell (unless they see something on the installement side)

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.