Contributor
quarius

Re: DCU scores are up

Merrick bank also has free fico if u go paperless, just found out about it now its time for me to cancel the fico im paying monthly for.

{NFCU-25k}{Saphire-15k}{Duck-15k}{BOA-12k}{DCU-10k}{Slate-7200}{Simplicity-$7200}{USAA-6k}{DiscoverIT-5k}{CitiTY-$4100}{AmexBCE-$3500}{Venture-$3000}{WalmartDisc-$2600}{Merrick-$1200}{AmazonVisa-$1650}{Cap1-$600}
1/1/14 [Experian-Fico 747][TU-Fico744][Equifax-Fico766]
Valued Contributor
kevinjjc

quarius wrote:

Merrick bank also has free fico if u go paperless, just found out about it now its time for me to cancel the fico im paying monthly for.

Interesting. Subprime lender?

Established Contributor
TNTransplant

kevinjjc wrote:

TNTransplant wrote:

kevinjjc wrote:

Thanks for the replies! So I need to have either the Checking Plus or Relationship Checking to qualify for the free FICO? I read some posts in other forums that some people just have a DCU savings account and still get the free FICO. Maybe the rules have changed.

I've also read that some are getting the free FICO with just the savings account.  I was worried that I wouldn't, so I actually applied for the Visa card (whim, not thinking I would get approved), as you can also get the free score with one of their credit cards.  Got a pending notice that changed to approved in about one hour, with a good limit/good APR.  So far I really like them, and the free monthly score is a great bonus.

I'm willing to open a checking and savings account, but I don't want a DCU credit card.

Well, can't help you there, as I only have the CC to reference.  Good luck with whatever you decide, and post back so that we all know the outcome (i.e. Free Fico with just a savings).

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Valued Contributor
kevinjjc

jsickz32 wrote:
When I first joined I only had shares account and was receiving my free FICO score. Now I have DCU platinum

Do you also have a DCU checking account?

Valued Contributor
kevinjjc

TNTransplant wrote:

kevinjjc wrote:

TNTransplant wrote:

kevinjjc wrote:

Thanks for the replies! So I need to have either the Checking Plus or Relationship Checking to qualify for the free FICO? I read some posts in other forums that some people just have a DCU savings account and still get the free FICO. Maybe the rules have changed.

I've also read that some are getting the free FICO with just the savings account.  I was worried that I wouldn't, so I actually applied for the Visa card (whim, not thinking I would get approved), as you can also get the free score with one of their credit cards.  Got a pending notice that changed to approved in about one hour, with a good limit/good APR.  So far I really like them, and the free monthly score is a great bonus.

I'm willing to open a checking and savings account, but I don't want a DCU credit card.

Well, can't help you there, as I only have the CC to reference.  Good luck with whatever you decide, and post back so that we all know the outcome (i.e. Free Fico with just a savings).

Thanks! I will make sure to post back...will probably just open a checking and savings account.

Valued Contributor
jsickz32

@kevinjjc
No I opened with $50 sharing/savings and had that for 2 months. And during those 2 months I was gettin my fico score
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Valued Contributor
kevinjjc

jsickz32 wrote:
@kevinjjc
No I opened with $50 sharing/savings and had that for 2 months. And during those 2 months I was gettin my fico score

Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to the free Equifax FICO from DCU.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}