Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU

tag
Jbb2788
Regular Contributor

DCU

What are your opinions of DCU? I've been a member for about a week now and I have to say I am less than impressed. I have seen other posters say that a represenative has contacted them when they opened a account/loan, I have not received a call from 1 single person and I have opened a account and a auto loan. I was also approved for a DCU Visa Plat. Rewards. Their customer service seems to be horrible and I do not have locations around where I live and I have to say I'm started to get worried that if there are problems they will be hard to take care of. Should I forget DCU even though I have the Visa with them? It has a $6000 limit and is by far my largest CL. Should I cancel the auto loan application? What have been your experiences with DCU?

**10/31/13
EX-650
EQ-660
TU-660
GOAL: 750 ACROSS THE BOARD
Last App: 10/13
Gardening Until: 4/14 (At least)
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: DCU

Are you saying you are upset with them because they haven't called you? I am not sure why they needed to call the other members but I can guarantee they are calling for a reason. Did your app need additional processing? Were your terms unacceptable? Did you card not arrive timely?

Just trying to understand why you are having second thoughts.
Message 2 of 17
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Can anybody join DCU?

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 3 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You can with a sm donation if you are outside of their normal eligibility list
Message 4 of 17
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

I looked at their website. By small donation, do you mean opening a savings acct? Also I understand the pull your CR for membership-True?

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 5 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Not just the savings account. I think it's $10 to an organization.
They pull EQ for membership.
Message 6 of 17
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I've found them to be excellence to deal with. I'm lucky that they have branches about 45 minutes from me.  Checking, saving and 1.9% auto loan. So far so good! 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 7 of 17
anna2005
Established Member

The best CU in USA. Perfect online banking website. Good cc no cash advance fee. You can move all your credit to your checking A/C and no any fee.

$149,000 IN TOTAL CREDIT LINES
$18,000 Amex BCE | $15,100 Citi Dividend | $15,000 Duckcard | $11,000 Discover More | $10,000 BoA Cash Sig | $10,000 BoA Better Balance | $10,000 DCU | $9,700 Citi Forward | $9,000 Walmart Discover | $8,000 Chase Freedom sig | $8,000 Penfed Platinum | $5,000 Chase sapphire sig | $5,000 Paypal Extras | $5,000 Citi Bestbuy | $4,000 Chase Amazon | $2,200 Barclay Rewards | $2,000 JCB | $2,000 Penfed cash | EX 762 | TU 870B | EQ 747| sesame 765 | credit.com 762 | karma 682
Message 8 of 17
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't necessarily be disappointed that DCU hasn't called you.  I joined one credit union because I was in the town that they had a few branches a lot, but the call was trying to find out how they could transfer my accounts to them, but since I'd already gotten a low-rate mortgage, and a zero-rate car, there wasn't much they could do for me.

Anyway, that being said, one of the best things about DCU is their accessibility. Website has been great, backed by Fiserv, similar system to small banks used nationwide. There is the mobile app. Also check out the Co-Op Shared Branches where you can walk in and make many transactions as if you were in MA: http://www.co-opsharedbranch.org/ 

I joined many years ago when I worked for Digital. Now others can join through their FoM, or join an organization for a small donation.

I don't always use DCU, but when I'm looking for a financial product, I do check them out. Their rates sometimes are the best out there, and their reps over the phone have always been great. I refinanced my car with them and it was easy. At the time I was earlier in the rebuilding phase, but the underwriter took my 15+ years of membership into consideration and approved the advertised 1.99% rate.

Getting your check direct deposited gets you paid early - I see the funds on a Wednesday evening for a Friday morning payroll.

With the Visa, I get the Equifax FICO score monthly.

I recommend them highly!

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 9 of 17
hyp0luxa
Regular Contributor

They also pull Chex

Last TL/HP 7/29/2015 | Gardening till December 2015 at least...
AMEX PRG - NPSL | NASA Cash Rewards - 30k | NFCU Cash Rewards VS - 25k | AMEX Everyday - 18k |
Chase CSP 16.8k | BOA 3-2-1 VS - 12k | Fidelity AMEX - 12k | Citi Dividend - 11.3k | Barclays Sallie Mae WMC - 10k | PayPal Extras MC - 7.5k | WalMart MC- 7.5k | Cap1 QS One - 6k | Barclays Apple Visa - 5.7k | Chase Freedom VS - 5k
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.