DELETED

DELETED

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Building Credit... Please HELP!!!!

@ericabreeding007 wrote:
I recently started building my credit in hopes of obtaining an auto loan. In December 2014, I applied for a capital one journey card and kohls and was approved for both $300 each. I was also added on as an authorized user to my sister capital one card 3 yrs old $300 credit limit and her kohls $800 a few months old. I'm not sure if I've been approved by just being added on or if there is an approval process. I realize now that it is 4 accounts only 2 companies. Does that make a difference & should I close or get removed from any of her accounts????

You're doing fine with those. No sense in getting rid of the AU's unless your sister starts goofing up her accounts.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ericabreeding007 wrote:
I recently started building my credit in hopes of obtaining an auto loan. In December 2014, I applied for a capital one journey card and kohls and was approved for both $300 each. I was also added on as an authorized user to my sister capital one card 3 yrs old $300 credit limit and her kohls $800 a few months old. I'm not sure if I've been approved by just being added on or if there is an approval process. I realize now that it is 4 accounts only 2 companies. Does that make a difference & should I close or get removed from any of her accounts????

As long as your sister is responsible there is no reason to remove yourself from her cards.  This will probably be moved to the auto loans forum but have you checked your credit reports and know your scores yet?  

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried using Credit Karma and it said thin credit file.

Message 4 of 6
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Take Credit Karma's advice with a grain of salt. What is your AAoA and any negatives?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very good! Stay on your sisters account (of course, unless she gets a little down hill). 

What's your average age of accounts, # of inquiries, etc? 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.