Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DENIED CREDIT ONE!

tag
abundancejones
Regular Contributor

Re: DENIED CREDIT ONE!

@rhall2009 wrote:

if thats the case then it lines up right with the score power i pulled from equifax. guess there is a backdoor instead of paying the 15 or 20 bucks huh

It is actually an Experian 04 score. 

Message 31 of 40
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@rhall2009 wrote:

yea i did have an interest in the card i was only joking like everyone else generally does.

the 1% cash back on gas is unrivaled right and no af the first year like capone right

Message 32 of 40
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Funny thing about this card...

When I started the rebuild, I had applied to this, knowing the future pain/fees involved, but proceeded anyways.....

I received a letter asking to verify my identity, and when I did some "research," I discovered that their CA ties were another item that I had owed an extreme amount of money to (old CO), and reading between the lines(being paranoid) I guess they wanted my "verification" to pass off to the CA, for increased collection efforts.

I just skipped the whole thing, based on paranoia.

Message 33 of 40
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

with the 75 af and 30% apr around 1/5 people could default on this card and i do not believe the company would lose a dime! now thats a staggering profit margin

Message 34 of 40
Shock
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

A few fun facts about Credit One as stated I use to work there.  They are based out of Las Vegas near the airport, about 5 mins from the strip at the most.  They are actually a bank and actually use to have a few brances along time back, but no longer do, they use to go under another name, I can't think of it off hand, but a quick google can solve it.  They do own I believe two collection agencies in which they sell "some" of there charged off accounts to as I believe this might be a "tax break".  Actually alot of there customer service is based in the US, but there are a few other locations where it is outscoured to as well.  Never work for them if you are a programmer, they treat you like they treat there customers others then they actually do pay middle of the market, but you will work you arse off.  No I won't give out email addresses to the EO contact list Smiley Happy.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Credit_One_Bank

Makes me sick that they started in my own backyard as First National Bank of Marin

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 35 of 40
Shock
Established Contributor

CreditOne's logo is an obvious ripoff of Capital One lol

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 36 of 40
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

went through the pre approval process and was denied pre approval. My score according to them was a 704, they cited too many inquiries(3) and high revolving balance $11....i am shocked does credit one recon

Get another Capital One if you need another card. Smiley Sad Why credit one??

The people that CO'ed CapOne a few times need somewhere else to go.....

Yeah, but they're quite often ready to accept you again quickly thereafter......

Message 37 of 40
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

went through the pre approval process and was denied pre approval. My score according to them was a 704, they cited too many inquiries(3) and high revolving balance $11....i am shocked does credit one recon

Get another Capital One if you need another card. Smiley Sad Why credit one??

The people that CO'ed CapOne a few times need somewhere else to go.....

Yeah, but they're quite often ready to accept you again quickly thereafter......

Makes you wonder how streamlined the C1 collections dept is, just from the standard $300-500 CO's.

Message 38 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One isn't that bad. I had their card for like a year, and never had a problem with them. Their fees are ridiculous though, but no one is worse than First Premier in that category.

Message 39 of 40
dize
Regular Contributor

One of the denial reasons I got was that the utilization on my open accounts was too LOW. I wish I did get a normal experian score, though. I got some weird score based on a range of -5 to 298..

Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.