Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DENIED CREDIT ONE!

tag
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: DENIED CREDIT ONE!

Apparently you presented too low of a risk of defaulting, so they had to decline.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 11 of 40
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

Apparently you presented too low of a risk of defaulting, so they had to decline.

rofl

Message 12 of 40
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I have been a programmer at Chase Bank and Credit One bank before...  I was partially in chagre at credit one bank of creating the letters for charge-offs to be sold to other collection companys.  The default rate was quite literally amazing how many charge-offs they had every few months, but still remained extremely profitable.  Don't hate me cause i worked thereSmiley Happy.  

Message 13 of 40
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Another upside to this. If they mail you a letter with an agency listed that they SP'd you with, then you WIN another new fresh n updated copy of that particular credit report. FREE! Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 40
VinnyVee
Contributor

That's a kick right in the feels!

(started in the mid 500s on all 3, 11/13)
As of 5/22/15 EX: 698, EQ: 700, TU: 703
Barclay Rewards: $2750, Capital One Quicksilver one: $4300, Discover IT : $300, Amazon Visa: $100. Best Buy Credit Card: $3000, Kohl's Charge: $300, Express: $2600, Overstock $1650, Chase Freedom $4700, AMEX Everday $1500, Serta iComfort $4700, Walmart $1600, Target $300
Message 15 of 40
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

went through the pre approval process and was denied pre approval. My score according to them was a 704, they cited too many inquiries(3) and high revolving balance $11....i am shocked does credit one recon

tja....at least you got a free Experian score!  Welcome to the denial club for Credit One Smiley Happy .. I really loved their letter  and enjoyed their denial reasons too. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 40
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

went through the pre approval process and was denied pre approval. My score according to them was a 704, they cited too many inquiries(3) and high revolving balance $11....i am shocked does credit one recon

dont waste your time pining over their product. those that are pre approved are those with baddies, or those that have excellent credit but somehow are clueless about what kind of cards they can acquire. enjoy the free experian score that they are required to offer you. you are better off not being approved and obtaining free experian (and possible fico) scores.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 17 of 40
Shock
Established Contributor

Consider it a blessing that you were not approved for the card. Seriously.

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 18 of 40
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@Shock wrote:

Consider it a blessing that you were not approved for the card. Seriously.

dondon't they offer 1% cash back on gas
Message 19 of 40
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Isn't this card operation owned by a CA?

Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.