Did you mean: 

DENIED CapOne

tag
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: DENIED CapOne

@gh17 wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Your AAoA with 16 cards and credit history of 11 months is less than a month.

How are you getting to that?  If he opened them all 11 months ago, his average age is 11 months.  If he opened two 11 months ago and the rest two months ago, then his average age is 3.25 months.  Depending on his exact history, it might be short, but unless he got most of the cards like today, it's longer than a month.

True my mistake. But I stand by the rest of my statement less then a month or 3.25 apples or oranges in my opinion not good. Getting 16 cards in 11 months. Banks have been there and done that that's why they are cautious today on lending practices. It's just my opinion and giving a reason for being declined for the card. If continuing to apply for cards not only may get more denials but the current cards may jump ship and close the current cards.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 11 of 20
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Huh?  I opened 16 in the last year and half and one of them gave me $10K. 

So careful with the blanket statements!  Yes, with a low score, low AAOA, High Util, negatives, then yeah 16 accounts in 11 months is excessive. 

With a 620 score and baddies you were probably lucky to get 16 accounts!  If they are maxed out, then it would be even harder.  Capital One should have told you each time you were denied why they decided to do so.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 12 of 20
keithB
Established Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

@gh17 wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

How are you getting to that?  If he opened them all 11 months ago, his average age is 11 months.  If he opened two 11 months ago and the rest two months ago, then his average age is 3.25 months.  Depending on his exact history, it might be short, but unless he got most of the cards like today, it's longer than a month.

True my mistake. But I stand by the rest of my statement less then a month or 3.25 apples or oranges in my opinion not good. Getting 16 cards in 11 months. Banks have been there and done that that's why they are cautious today on lending practices. It's just my opinion and giving a reason for being declined for the card. If continuing to apply for cards not only may get more denials but the current cards may jump ship and close the current cards.

Good point.  I opened 6 accounts in the past 5 months and hit a brick wall with Bank of America.  Sad part is I knew better but they sent me a pre-qualified offer for my alma mater alumni association and I took it as a sign I should roll the dice one more time - it wasn't, DENIED! While the number of accounts might not seem like a lot to some, keep in mind this is after dropping off the radar for years without any credit whatsoever.

Message 13 of 20
CWL
Established Member

HOLY MOLY!!!!! 16 cards and not one with Cap 1  - WOW!!

Why 16 cards- what are they?

"http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/2760iB9166C1A493A3CBC" border="0"
Starting FICO (EQ) (1/7/13) - 567 6/11/14 - 670 = Goal - 750
Cap 1 QS1 $2300 I AMEX PRG NPSL I Marriott Prem rewards $5K I AMEX Everyday Pref $1K I CSP $5K
NO DEBT / 8% UTILIZATION
Message 14 of 20
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@coldnmn wrote:

@gh17 wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

I would agree. 16 new accounts in the last eleven months is a lot even for someone with a near perfect credit profile, let alone not perfect. That isn't to say that it can't be done, but I don't think that this current situation should be too much of a surprise.

OP, I would give these acconts some time to age, which will let the inquiries age as well. Also, you mentioned your transunion score, where did you get that from? Lastly, keep in mind that Cap 1 pulls all three, not just transunion.

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, I would give these acconts some time to age, which will let the inquiries age as well. Also, you mentioned your transunion score, where did you get that from? Lastly, keep in mind that Cap 1 pulls all three, not just transunion.

I agree! If the OP applied to Capital One 3 times that's 9 inquiries. I Agree, with the idea of letting these accounts age.  You do look desperate with all of these card. Are these low limit store cards like GERB?

Message 16 of 20
dave024
New Contributor

@blackedoutdodge wrote:
have been turned down by Capital One numerous times even waited before reapplying does anyone know why this would be is it the four negative account?

thank you in advance :-)

Everyone's situation is different, and I will try not to repeat what has been said previously. I am surprised you have applied for them multiple times in 11 months. As Clermont said that is nine inquiries for applying just three times. That alone may even prevent you from getting credit from other lenders in the near future.

Personally I was denied by a couple lenders last year, and they aren't even on my radar for applying in the near future. I'm waiting at least two years to apply for lenders that denied my previously. I do understand with limited credit you may have less options for who to apply with, so that may be part of the reason you are applying with Capital One.

It sounds like you have a good starting point with the number of accounts you have, so as others have said if you let those age then things will get better. Building credit takes time, and if you try to move too quickly by applying for lots of credit then that can actually slow things down.

Message 17 of 20
TheFate
Established Contributor

@dave024 wrote:

@blackedoutdodge wrote:
have been turned down by Capital One numerous times even waited before reapplying does anyone know why this would be is it the four negative account?

Everyone's situation is different, and I will try not to repeat what has been said previously. I am surprised you have applied for them multiple times in 11 months. As Clermont said that is nine inquiries for applying just three times. That alone may even prevent you from getting credit from other lenders in the near future.

Personally I was denied by a couple lenders last year, and they aren't even on my radar for applying in the near future. I'm waiting at least two years to apply for lenders that denied my previously. I do understand with limited credit you may have less options for who to apply with, so that may be part of the reason you are applying with Capital One.

It sounds like you have a good starting point with the number of accounts you have, so as others have said if you let those age then things will get better. Building credit takes time, and if you try to move too quickly by applying for lots of credit then that can actually slow things down.

I think this is an honest misconception... The only things you would get denied for with all those INQ's is CC's that pull all three Reports (Cap 1 for example) and of course Mortgage loans... Other than that most CC's only pull reports from one of the 3 CA's so they would only see the INQ's from that Bureau.

Message 18 of 20
dave024
New Contributor

@TheFate wrote:

@dave024 wrote:

@blackedoutdodge wrote:

I think this is an honest misconception... The only things you would get denied for with all those INQ's is CC's that pull all three Reports (Cap 1 for example) and of course Mortgage loans... Other than that most CC's only pull reports from one of the 3 CA's so they would only see the INQ's from that Bureau.

I'm no expert, but even three credit inquiries on one report may not look good when applying for some lenders if the rest of your credit profile isn't strong. Plus in addition to those three inquiries they for sure have other inquiries from the 16 other accounts opened this past year.

Message 19 of 20
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Ever burn them? I have in the past (8yrs ago) and have tried 3 times in the last 2 years.. Still a no go lol

Will likely never try aka the cards aren't that great anyway.

Good luck!
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.