Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DENY....APPROVE....APPROVE--OMG!

tag
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

DENY....APPROVE....APPROVE--OMG!

Hey Guys.

I just can't believe this.  I'm still in la-la land over what just transpired over the last 30 minutes.  I've been watching my scores like a hawk.  They're improving but no where near where I want them to be.  My FICO EQ is 659, FICO TU is 653 and USAA EXP (FAKO) says 628.  Well, I've been hoping and wishing I could get a better credit card, so I said what the hec.  Several folks on these boards have gotten cards so I figured I'd give it a go.  I apped for the USAA Platinum MC and was DENIED.  My heart dropped.  I was so deflated.  They pulled EQ (which has the two paid tax liens showing).  I figured, what the hey...let's just get it out of my system and do all the apps to all the cards that I've ever desired.  So I pulled the trigger and apped for Discover More. Cha-ching....APPROVED!  I nearly passed out.  I was literally frozen on my sofa from disbelief.  I got an approval and a message telling me to call in and verify my information and I did.....CL-----$2750.  Well...I was so ecstatic I decided to app for the Zync.  I had a Green AmEx that I screwed up in college (1993 to be exact).  I pulled the AmEx trigger and CHA-CHA-CHA-CHA-CHING.  APPROVED!  My world is ROCKED TONIGHT baby!  I'm SOOOOOO happy.  I never ever ever (did I say ever?) thought I would ever have two prime cards in my wallet ever.  For some reason I just thought I'd be reading about and living vicariously through everyone else's successes.  But not anymore BABY.  My fiance' is telling me...don't app for anything else.  I'm not.  I don't need to.  I mean, my scores aren't even that great.  I guess it was just my time.  MY TIME....YES.  THANKS to MyFico and everyone on these boards who shared their stories of encouragement and credit.  I'M STOKED RIGHT NOW!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

Re: DENY....APPROVE....APPROVE--OMG!

wow, congratulations!!!

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 21
Mzvanessa
Contributor

Wow that is awesome Congrats.

TU: Fico 678 6-19-13 677 8/23/13
EQ: Fico 665 7-5-13 665 8/23/13
EX: Fico 681 Lender pulled 8/23/13

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! That's a pretty good starting limit for Discover. And you should be able to have the Zync backdated to 1993, which could give you a bit of score boost, depending on your average age now. Did you proceed right to setting up online access? The Member Since year might already be showing.

Message 4 of 21
CS800
Super Contributor

You're in the prime world now Smiley Happy

Congrats

Message 5 of 21
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

I didn't set up online.  I was under the assumption that I had to wait for the card to arrive but maybe I misinterpreted the welcome message.

Your Account Number Ending: - (removed last numbers)

Dear  (I removed my name)   ,

We are pleased to approve your application for ZYNC from American ExpressSM , and we'd like to welcome you to the benefits and services that come with Cardmembership. Your Card will arrive in the mail in 7 to 10 business days.

When your Card arrives, activate it at americanexpress.com/activate. You can also enroll to manage your account online - a fast, easy, and secure way to check your balance, make payments and sign up for mobile and e-mail alerts.

Thank you again for choosing American Express.

Sincerely,
American Express Customer Service

Message 6 of 21
CS800
Super Contributor

When I got my Zync, right after the approval, it gave me an option to sign up online which i did.

Initially you have a hard limit of $250 but after you activate your card, the hard limit goes away and it becomes NPSL

Message 7 of 21
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Yay!  Congrats for you!!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 8 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jasimae wrote:

Hey Guys.

I just can't believe this.  I'm still in la-la land over what just transpired over the last 30 minutes.  I've been watching my scores like a hawk.  They're improving but no where near where I want them to be.  My FICO EQ is 659, FICO TU is 653 and USAA EXP (FAKO) says 628.  Well, I've been hoping and wishing I could get a better credit card, so I said what the hec.  Several folks on these boards have gotten cards so I figured I'd give it a go.  I apped for the USAA Platinum MC and was DENIED.  My heart dropped.  I was so deflated.  They pulled EQ (which has the two paid tax liens showing).  I figured, what the hey...let's just get it out of my system and do all the apps to all the cards that I've ever desired.  So I pulled the trigger and apped for Discover More. Cha-ching....APPROVED!  I nearly passed out.  I was literally frozen on my sofa from disbelief.  I got an approval and a message telling me to call in and verify my information and I did.....CL-----$2750.  Well...I was so ecstatic I decided to app for the Zync.  I had a Green AmEx that I screwed up in college (1993 to be exact).  I pulled the AmEx trigger and CHA-CHA-CHA-CHA-CHING.  APPROVED!  My world is ROCKED TONIGHT baby!  I'm SOOOOOO happy.  I never ever ever (did I say ever?) thought I would ever have two prime cards in my wallet ever.  For some reason I just thought I'd be reading about and living vicariously through everyone else's successes.  But not anymore BABY.  My fiance' is telling me...don't app for anything else.  I'm not.  I don't need to.  I mean, my scores aren't even that great.  I guess it was just my time.  MY TIME....YES.  THANKS to MyFico and everyone on these boards who shared their stories of encouragement and credit.  I'M STOKED RIGHT NOW!

Do you have other CC's? What is your Utilization on those when you apped?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 21
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

See if Amex will backdate your Zync card to the data open of your other card.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.