cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DH about to lose age of oldest card!!!!!

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

DH about to lose age of oldest card!!!!!

I just realized that DH is an authorized user on MY Sears Card.  This card was opened in 1981.  When the au goes bye-bye...he'll lose this age, correct?????
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: DH about to lose age of oldest card!!!!!

fishbjc wrote:
I just realized that DH is an authorized user on MY Sears Card.  This card was opened in 1981.  When the au goes bye-bye...he'll lose this age, correct?????

IF it ever goes into effect - yes
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 11
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Sears is Citi - which allows JOINT status AND reports as joint on CRs correctly.

Call them up and make him Joint User Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SonorityGenius wrote:
Sears is Citi - which allows JOINT status AND reports as joint on CRs correctly.

Call them up and make him Joint User Smiley Happy

The OP indicated DH is AU. AU are supposed to be removed with the implementation of the new scoring model. However, there is no starting date - if ever.
Message 4 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I think Sonority was advising converting from AU to joint.

That's my ace in the hole for the Discover if FICO 08 (3008?) ever goes into effect.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both Mine and DW's 2 oldest accounts drop off this year- (sept and Dec)

At least you can you it to joint status- I really don't see FICO 08 kicking anytime soon.  
Message 6 of 11
caliness1

First of all, not counting AU accounts violates the Equal Credit Opportunity Act. See Reuters. Of course, the CRAs don't care, but I predict they will get sued for it immediately if it goes into effect.

Second of all, and I'm not 100% sure about this, AU accounts will still count for immediate family members living in the same household. See InfiniteCredit. In that case, will a spouse count as an "immediate family member"? Who knows.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The ECOA only states the the CRA or CREDIT REPORT must report AU.  Under FICO08 your credit report will have the AU it just won't be used in the score.  There is nothing in the ECOA or any other law that says AU have to be included in FICO or any other scoring.  There is already plenty of info in credit report NOT included in FICO score.  Paid vs Unpaid collections make no difference to your score.  The amount of deragatory account does not affect the score (2 $10 collections are more damaging then one $10,000 collection).  Inquries remain on report for 2 years but FICO only looks at past 12 months.  So there is a lot of info in the CRA not used by FCO.  If/when FICO08 ever goes into effect AU will just be another item in your report that does not help or hurt your FICO score.

That press release is playing fast and loose with the interpertation of the law. 
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

And it's worth pointing out just for the record that it's exactly that - a press release from a web site that makes its money from piggybacking, not a Reuters news article as the post might suggest.

Although I suspect most people could probably figure out it wasn't written by a professional journalist simply by the tone and style of it.

Message Edited by LaserBlue on 05-05-2008 09:34 PM
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

caliness1 wrote:
Second of all, and I'm not 100% sure about this, AU accounts will still count for immediate family members living in the same household.

This is not true of FICO 08.  All AUs will stop counting.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.