HoNeY33

DH has no Transunion score.....

DH has several very good accounts and only 3 baddies reporting. None of the good ones are reporting to TU. When we applied for a mortgage, TU shows no score because file is "too thin". He has a visa with 3000 limit and 2700 bal.  We are paying down the bal to lower util.  He tried to get a BT card with BOA and was denied. We are trying to get our scores up for a USDA mortgage and need all the help we can get. So my questions are:

1)  Would trying to get a BT card and being denied help or hurt?

2) If it would help, should he go for a TU reporting one and if so, any suggestions on one?

3) How much does credit denial hurt his scores??

4) Any other ideas or suggestions on getting a TU score???

We are desperate to get out of this crappy rental and finally give our kids a home and I appreciate all of the help I can get!!

Thanks in advance!!

Scores:  EX 643  EQ  584 TU none

mine:     EX  636  EQ  584  TU  611

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+