Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER CARD REPORTING

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

DISCOVER CARD REPORTING

Does anyone know if Discover card is slow in reporting at times, I never had this issue come up until now, Discover always reported promptly to the credit bureaurs after my statement closed,  thanks for any information.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
DI
Super Contributor

Re: DISCOVER CARD REPORTING

New cards are normally reported the CRAs before you get it in the mail.  . 

Message 2 of 14
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi Di, I have had this card over 6 months now with no problems in the reporting department.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 14
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

When mine was new, they reported to all three, right away.

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 4 of 14
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

i've had my discover card for 2 months now, but they have not reported to any of the CRBs for my account yet.  i don't mind though because of the balance transfer, my balance is 2/3 of the limit.  me paying off the other cc's shot my scores way up when the new balance finally reported.  worried that when i rock the boat for now about it not showing on my report...it'll bring my scores down again because of the utilization amount and having a new account.  i'll be paying the balance down next week...so i'll call discover then to let them know when the payment posts Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 14
DI
Super Contributor

@tray wrote:

Hi Di, I have had this card over 6 months now with no problems in the reporting department.

Hola, Tray!  I may not be understanding your concern.  Are you asking about updates to the CRAs, or when does the account first report to the CRAs?

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Sad I just opened an account on 6/16 (Discover More), I was wondering how long it was going to take to start reporting??.....sounds like its going to be awhile! I wonder if calling them would help?

Message 7 of 14
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Smiley Sad I just opened an account on 6/16 (Discover More), I was wondering how long it was going to take to start reporting??.....sounds like its going to be awhile! I wonder if calling them would help?

Within a week.  Always check your Experian report first to see updates. 

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my card a couple weeks ago and it still hasn't reported to TU..... not sure about the others

Message 9 of 14
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

When I first got my Discover card, it didn't report for close to 2 months, which made me VERY happy, LOL.. Let's just say I went a little crazy in Aruba with the card and wanted to day down the balance as much as possible before it reported. Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.