Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER CLD

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

DISCOVER CLD

Hey guys just wanted to give everyone an FYI in case this happens to you. Discover member since May 2012. Never once got a a CLI. Always pay on time, carry a balance, pay 2x the minimum payments. usually use it during THEME PARKS cash back and gas cash back. 600 balance. Woke up to a 200$ CLD. Called an the CSR was really nice. He looked into it and stated if it is a 200 CLD it is the computer.  He stated that "you dont have a mortgage payment?" I said no , i rent.  He said that was the issue. He also stated because of my payment history he would re-instate it, he apologized and said the computer does things like this every few years.  

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
growing123
Regular Contributor

Re: DISCOVER CLD

That stinks that it happened in the first place, but kudos to Discover for seeing you're a good customer and re-instating it.  Congrats on that!

Starting Scores - Mid 500s - 10/2013

EX 706 (FICO 9/15) | EQ 710 (FICO 9/15) | TU 716 (FICO 9/15)

Quicksilver $12.8K | Freedom $1.5k | Discover It $11.5k | VS $1.2k | AMEX BCE $10k | Fidelity AMEX $10k | US Cash+ $9k | Citi DC $6.6k
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@texasman07 wrote:

Hey guys just wanted to give everyone an FYI in case this happens to you. Discover member since May 2012. Never once got a a CLI. Always pay on time, carry a balance, pay 2x the minimum payments. usually use it during THEME PARKS cash back and gas cash back. 600 balance. Woke up to a 200$ CLD. Called an the CSR was really nice. He looked into it and stated if it is a 200 CLD it is the computer.  He stated that "you dont have a mortgage payment?" I said no , i rent.  He said that was the issue. He also stated because of my payment history he would re-instate it, he apologized and said the computer does things like this every few years.  

These computers need to be re-programmed or something.  Glad Discover is restoring your original CL..

Message 3 of 8
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

That is really odd.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 4 of 8
texasman07
Established Contributor

yea he did say that he has seen this before. and usually when its a 200$ CLD its the computer.  I saw a few threads from 2011 and 2010 with the same issue. I am sure someone else is going to have this issue.  I wasnt going to call, I got upset when I saw it and was determined to close it, but i calmed down.  Its only 200$ and i just got approved for a freedom, Venture and Venture one, with a totoal of 28,500 CL's.  When all else fails, research on the forum and call the backdoor number, stay calm and just be honest. ;-)

Message 5 of 8
racer-x
Valued Contributor

You shoulda asked for a CLI as retribution for your troubles...that was a missed opportunity....

I wonder if my Discover $8200 CLD from a few mos ago was a mistake too? lol.

Message 6 of 8
PorkSodas

I've had 2 rounds of CLDs with Discover in the past, both when running high utilization across most accounts. They've reobunded since but to this day they're still stingy with CLIs, even with scores topping 800 across the board. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry to hear that but good thing it got worked out

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.