Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER COMBINED LIMITS... SUCCESS!!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

DISCOVER COMBINED LIMITS... SUCCESS!!

Today was the day, finally!! I have 2 cards..."it" $7.3k and "miles" $4.5k. My it card is almost 3 years old, and miles just turned 1 yr on October 31st.  Was told in the past my Miles card had to be one year old first, and I needed to have a CLI "available" on one of the cards in order to combine. 

Currently have a balance on my it (let report for November statement), and 0 balance on Miles with November statement. Checked for CLI on both cards, none availble on Miles, but it had a $300 CLI!  I DID NOT ACCEPT IT! I called the BD# for CLI, told them I wanted to move limits, and what I was wanting to do.  Was transferred to someone else, and he put me on hold a few times, and finally came back on and said he was able to do it. Smiley Happy. SUCCESS!!!

So, he moved my entire Miles limit $4.5k, over to my it card, closed miles and sent me a check for the miles I had built up, PLUS gave me the $300 CLI I had available on it card!! So, now have one Discover card with a $12.1k CL. Happy camper!! Smiley Happy

IMG_7898.JPG

IMG_7900.JPG

35 REPLIES 35
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: DISCOVER COMBINED LIMITS... SUCCESS!!

Nice! Congratulations! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 36
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Smiley Happy Congrats Pizza!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 36
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS, very NICE!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 4 of 36
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats! That is awesome and your details of how you got it accomplished are very helpful. Don't tempt me out of the garden, though! My card's been growing too slowly for my liking and I'm currently prequalified with a single APR for a (2nd) it, it Chrome, and it Miles card. Somehow I just know that a 2nd card would either have a gargantuan limit or a toy limit, but probably nothing in between. LOL

Message 5 of 36
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Congrats pizza lady, Discover can be a weird one when it comes to those CLI, it took me a year and half to get my first one. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 6 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very cool.  What made you decide to get rid of the Miles vs the It?  I'm not familiar with the Miles card, so I'm assuming the 5% rotating categories on the It simply suit your spend better?

Message 7 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grat's on your combining! Glad you shared your experience as I did not know Discover would do combinations. Great news.
Message 8 of 36
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Very cool.  What made you decide to get rid of the Miles vs the It?  I'm not familiar with the Miles card, so I'm assuming the 5% rotating categories on the It simply suit your spend better?

The miles was the one that had the zero balance at the time, LOL..If the it card had a zero, I would have closed that one. In all seriousness now,   I have a "travel" card already, Venture, and several other rewards cards.  The 2nd Discover card was just a challenge for me to get in the first place, and then the 2nd challenge was the combo Smiley Wink  It all worked out though, since my it card will be 3yrs in February, made more sense to keep my oldest open. 

Message 9 of 36
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

BBS: The miles is almost useless after the first year (a flat 1.5% card) so if you close one, that's the one to close.
Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.