Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER DENIED - REASON SOLVED

tag
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

DISCOVER DENIED - REASON SOLVED

Last week I applied for the Discover IT. Got the 7-10 day message, called CS and was explained my app was denied and I would receive notification of reason in the mail.

Today I received the letter and this is what it says:

Dear Jasir,

Thank you for your recent Discover card application. After consideration, we are unable to approve your request at this time for the following reason(s):

APPLICATION IS CURRENTLY BEING PROCESSED

If you have any questions ... blah blah blah.

I chuckle at this bit of logic and leaf over to see what credit report was pulled and hopefully a score. To my surprise, this is the message:

You have a right to a free copy of your report from the reporting agency ... For a free copy of your credit bureau report, contact:

NONE USED

Huh? BTW, I reconned 2 days in a row last week after the initial 7-10 day notice and each time was told they can't approve (but not why).

Now, I'm not chuckling. I am scratching my head in utter confusion.

What gives? Anyone encounter this scenario before?

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: DISCOVER DENIED - CHECK OUT WHY

Are your reports frozen?

Message 2 of 21
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

I would simply call them and politely ask what's going on and give them the details of your app and rejection letter. Also ask what report was pulled and what your score was since it wasn't give in the denial.
Message 3 of 21
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

My reports are not frozen to my knowledge. I apped for Walmart on same day & was approved' apped Chase same day & waiting a decision pending verification process.

My reports do have a fraud alert on each I think & I am opted out of promos.

I plan to call soon, but want to wait a few days to give some baddies scheduled to delete this month to fall off, give myself a fighting chance at recon.

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 4 of 21
100down0monthly
New Contributor

Maybe you were denied on a SP?   I don't think you get a free report if they only SPed?

Message 5 of 21
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

@100down0monthly wrote:

Maybe you were denied on a SP?   I don't think you get a free report if they only SPed?

Good theory, but I have serious doubts Discover or any other lender SP's customer initiated apps, especially aa first app. That'd be sweet if they did!

Message 6 of 21
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

Why did you apply last week if you expect several baddies to fall off your reports in the next week or so? Even if they do fall off, they'll require another hard pull to verify this.
Message 7 of 21
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

The baddies are estimated to fall of thios month, no guarantee. I decided to go aheaad and app for the few cards I wanted to see 1) where my score is before the baddies fall off 2) take a chance on approval. I have a total of 5 inquiries in the past 2 years; I wasn't too worried about getting an additional 5 because I plan to garden after these apps are exhausted (denied or aapproved).

Message 8 of 21
john398
Senior Contributor

I am confused why you say denied if its still being processed

Message 9 of 21
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

@john398 wrote:

I am confused why you say denied if its still being processed

You & I are both confused. The Discover reps say denied; the letter says denied; however, where usually the reason is a deliquincy, thin credit file, etc, the reason cited says "currently being processed" and that no credit report was used to make the decision. A simple mistake? Maybe. On whose part? Or is it indicative of some type of problem with my credit report or identifying information? I don't know. I hope to find out when I call. Was curious if this a first for the board.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.