cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER IT, AVERAGE SCORE NEEDED FOR AN APPROVAL?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DISCOVER IT, AVERAGE SCORE NEEDED FOR AN APPROVAL?

Approved last week

They pulled eq: 744

No negs no lates. 15% uti. 20+ recent inquiries and 4 new accounts past six months.
Message 11 of 19
Legen_dary
Frequent Contributor

I was approved for $11.5k with a mid-600s score last December. Highest CL at the time was only $1500. I have multiple settled chargeoffs from 4-5 years ago and no inquiries 6 months prior to application (but it was part of a spree).

Message 12 of 19
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

My score was in the ~670 range when I apped.  All of my derogs. were paid in full with the exception of 1.  I disputed an account with GMAC in an attempt to have the account removed early.  Sadly, GMAC updated my reports with the deficient account balance.  I went from an account with a $0.00 balance to one with a $19k balance.  I believe the only thing that worked in my favor was 95% of my derogatory accounts was nearing the allowed reporting time.  Also, I do have a relatively high income at $102K.  I also have 2 mortgages which have been paid on time for the past 3-4 years.

I did not receive an automatic approval.  After calling in, Discover made a counter offer.  The initial app was for a card with a lower rate + longer 0% intro balance transfer offer.  

The terms offered in their counter offer included a much higher interest rate and a shorter 0% intro balance transfer promo.  I accepted and I was offered a 1K limit.  I ran a lot of transactions through the card (almost $2,500 a month) and made multiple payments throughout the month.  At day 61, I called and informed them that I travel frequently and the 1K limit wasn't satisfactory.  Discover increased my limit to 6K.  

The interest rate is still really high on the card, however I mostly pay in full each month.  As time passes, I continue to request rate decreases.  

Message 13 of 19
peepers
Frequent Contributor

My scores were all around 790 when I applied in April. Clean reports, balance on only 1 card and it was under 10%. I was only approved for $3500, and through recon got them up to $7,000. I had 3 January inquires on EQ (which Discover then pulled the 4th) and 2 new accounts (NFCU CC and Navcheck) which were new in January. So it appears they may indeed be sensitive to newer accounts opened not long before applying.
AMEX Green charge NPSL | NFCU Cashrewards Visa Sig $25,000 | NFCU Navcheck $15,000 | AMEX Everyday $15,000 | Discover IT $19,000 | Amex BCP $18,000 | Cap1 Quicksilver $5000 | Firestone $2,400 I Amex Oasis Optima (recovery card) $500 (closed July 2014)
MyFICO: TU 780, EQ 785 EX 776 Discover TU FICO 780. Rebuilt from 500's....closed on home May 2015!

Message 14 of 19
buggie
New Contributor

My scores are kind of all over the place, 653 TU Fico, 691 EQ 08. 729 EXP.  Also my FICO with Barclay is 697. I applied last night for Discover and was instantly approved, but I don't know for how much of a limit. I called them but they said my application was still in process.

I have a bunch of inquiries from March and 10 new accounts. An old collection on TU and EX. I was banking on them pulling EXP or EQ. I haven't gotten any alerts yet that they pulled anything, so I am not sure what is going on. 

4:00 pm - edited to add - I called Discover and they gave me a limit of $5200! That is my largest limit, and I'm happy it's over the $5000 mark! Happy!! I was so excited i forgot to ask what CR they pulled.

Message 15 of 19
--HighHopes--
Regular Contributor

I just recently (2 weeks ago) apped for the Discover IT card.  My AAoA was bearly a year and the discover card was part of an app spree i went on of about 7 new cards so I had several new accounts and had about 14 inq due to the new cards and the rest were from october when I bought my car.  Anyway long story short my scores were 680 TU, 676 EQ, 730 EX and I got the 7-10 day message but noticed it showed an 800 number to call for quicker processing and I called.  Was put through to a senior analyst and she was super nice to me!  She asked about my recent inquiries which i explained was due to me wanting to get more prime cards and cancel all of my low end, high rate cards that I currently have and that Discover was such a great card I wanted it for my go to daily card and she agreed that that made since and informed me in the future since I'm new to the credit thing to be sure and try and keep down the inquiries as they reflect poorly on your CR.  After that she told me that she could approve me for $2.5K right now and I'd get more CLI's as my account aged.

Credit Profile:

No neg/derogs

AAoA  1yr

Inquiries   14

New Accounts  7

Scores 676, 680, 730

Hope this helps!  And they pulled EX for me in KY!

Message 16 of 19
luckymommy
New Contributor

I was just approved on July 1st with a 650 on Equifax with 2 CA accts + a CO. All baddies being 4 & 5 years old. Also had 5 INQ's and 7 new accounts since July of last year. Didn't get the 0% interest offer though. CL only $1100, but that's fine for me to start with!
Message 17 of 19
Rufusjr123

Got approved for a discover card with 646 credit score , not sure how  Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 19
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

I was approved last July with a 680 score, I believe 4 recent inquiries and 1 new account. 1 paid collection from the year before, no CC debt and an income over 100k. I was instantly approved for $6,000

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.