Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER IT CREDIT INCREASE, AND AMEX INCREASE SAME DAY QUESTION

tag
Lebronjames20
Established Member

DISCOVER IT CREDIT INCREASE, AND AMEX INCREASE SAME DAY QUESTION

Hi everybody, i have a question my discover it card has a limit of 500, not one increase had ot for about 3 years. my amex everday is 2500 had it for year and a half no increase either. i was thinking about trying to increase both tonight with a soft pull. my questions are my amex bill has 30 $ on it that is due next month. if i try to ask for the increase online will that 30$ effect my changes?  next my discover card. requesting  it on line is a soft pull i belive. i was think 2500. lastyly i have an auto loan of 20k. will this affect my changes at all? thanks guys

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DISCOVER IT CREDIT INCREASE, AND AMEX INCREASE SAME DAY QUESTION

@Lebronjames20 wrote:

Hi everybody, i have a question my discover it card has a limit of 500, not one increase had ot for about 3 years. my amex everday is 2500 had it for year and a half no increase either. i was thinking about trying to increase both tonight with a soft pull. my questions are my amex bill has 30 $ on it that is due next month. if i try to ask for the increase online will that 30$ effect my changes?  next my discover card. requesting  it on line is a soft pull i belive. i was think 2500. lastyly i have an auto loan of 20k. will this affect my changes at all? thanks guys

Neither of those things you mention will affect your ability to get a CLI. They are more concerned with your credit score and use of their cards.

Message 2 of 14
Appleman
Valued Contributor

I beleive both Discover and AMEX will consider CLIs with a soft pull. 

I know they both have CLI links to select from your account page.

$30 on the AMEX should not make any difference.

How is your payment history with all of your credit currently?

The auto could work for or against you. 

Positive: It is another trade line beyond a credit card, this can boost your score. Has it been paid on time and when was it opened (yesterday or a year ago)

Negative: If the auto payment is screwing up your DTI ratio that could be negative. I know both Discover and AMEX will ask for current income.

For the soft pulls (you better confirm) I would go for it and see what they give you.

Please let us know how things work out for you, good luck!

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

They're both SPs for CLIs

Message 4 of 14
Lebronjames20
Established Member

HI!!  GOT GOOD NEWS i tried discover first online, i clicked accept and then a message came up we need to pull youre credit report for futher information. there was a option to accept the credit pull or just cancle the request. i clicked cancel. didnt want the hard pull. maybe next month ill do it. i love discover tbh wish they gave me a higher limit.  only habe these 2 cards btw. THE GOOD NEWS. i did a online request for amex my limit was 3500 thougt it was less. but i got APPROVED FOR 10K!! Thanks all!  im 21 2 cards and a auto loan. no late paments. Thanks all!!  any tips to get a higher disocve limit? 

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Amex CLI!! Garden it for a bit and I think you can ask again in 91 days. Smiley Happy
Discover seems to be all over with the CLIs. Just try, try again. One day they won't ask for a HP and just hand the $$ over. Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 14
Lebronjames20
Established Member

So would discover consider that soft pull what I just did ? Or no thanks
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on the Amex CLI!! Garden it for a bit and I think you can ask again in 91 days. Smiley Happy
Discover seems to be all over with the CLIs. Just try, try again. One day they won't ask for a HP and just hand the $$ over. Smiley Wink

No, he needs to wait 181 days to try again after this approval.  The 91 day wait period is if you are denied.

Message 8 of 14
Lebronjames20
Established Member

I'm cool with the Amex . Is good to know 181. But I'm more worried about discover . If what I just did , was it considerd a soft pull? Thanks
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lebronjames20 wrote:
I'm cool with the Amex . Is good to know 181. But I'm more worried about discover . If what I just did , was it considerd a soft pull? Thanks

It was neither from what you posted.  Definitely not a HP.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.