Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER IT What is THIS!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DISCOVER IT What is THIS!?

I don't understand how i incurred interest on a $0 balance ? 

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DISCOVER IT What is THIS!?

interest is from previous balance

Message 2 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

interest is from previous balance

i paid my previous balance !

Message 3 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interest accrues daily. In the time between when the statement cut and when the balance was paid, interest accrued, which you now owe. 

Message 4 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Interest accrues daily. In the time between when the statement cut and when the balance was paid, interest accrued, which you now owe. 

i don't understand. I was not charged interest on my last statement but this statement i have $0 so why am i charged interest ? interest accurs when your statement cuts! but there wasn't any balance to charged. I think its was an enternal. Im going see what they say and report back!

Message 5 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

For a more full descriptoin: it is apparent that you had not paid in full from the previous statement. That ends the grace period and starts interest accruing on a daily basis. You would need to check online or overpay in order to wipe out the interest and reinstate the grace period. You might be able to see what the current amount is within your online account.

I would call Discover and explain the situation. Maybe they waive that additional interest fee. If not, you can ask what the current, up to the day balance is and pay it off, then refrain from charging until the end of the month to prove that the statement is cut at $0 and that no more interest is accruing. 

Message 6 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

For a more full descriptoin: it is apparent that you had not paid in full from the previous statement. That ends the grace period and starts interest accruing on a daily basis. You would need to check online or overpay in order to wipe out the interest and reinstate the grace period. You might be able to see what the current amount is within your online account.

I would call Discover and explain the situation. Maybe they waive that additional interest fee. If not, you can ask what the current, up to the day balance is and pay it off, then refrain from charging until the end of the month to prove that the statement is cut at $0 and that no more interest is accruing. 

I  paid before the statement cuts so it reports $0 and not show im carrying a balance but now there's a balance which i rushed to see where it came from (fraud) and saw it was interest so i emailed them questioning about that. Lets see what they say. I guess nobody here can ever tell me if they too pay their bill in full each month and get charged interest for it. 

Message 7 of 46
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I  paid before the statement cuts so it reports $0 and not carry a balance. 

did you pay your min due? Usually that is due before statement cuts. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 8 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely call them then. It could be some sort of clerical error. 

One of your pictures shows you paying ~$90 in interest before this residual bit showed up. I would have guessed that they're from the same source, whatever it is. 

Message 9 of 46
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

I can't see your pics for some reason.

Do you happen to have a transaction go through as cash advance? To my knowledge, cash advance starts charging interest from the very day. I had a $20 charge go through as cash advance once and I had to pay interest even though I always PIF all my cards.

[10%+] Internet, Cable, Cell phone
[5%] Gas, Grocery, Amazon, Airline tickets, Drug Stores, Dept. Stores, Target, MyHabit
[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 10 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.