Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER PRE-APPROVAL ONLINE SITE

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

DISCOVER PRE-APPROVAL ONLINE SITE

I have tried I do not know how many times the link on the Discover cc site to see if there any approvals for me and there were never any offers, well this morning once again I just tried and  would you know there were several offers for cards on this page, So far I have not recieved any pre-approval offers in the mail from this bank

and I check all my credit reports today and no soft prm pulls from Discover noted. Any information will be helpful, thanks this is my second to last cc I would like to get.

1. Has anyone ever seen a soft PRM inquiry on their credit reports from Discover

2. Has anyone tried this on-line pre approval page to discover, had offers,  applied and was approved 

I really want to bite the bullet and try as I applied last year and was diened to a collection on my cr that is now off.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DISCOVER PRE-APPROVAL ONLINE SITE

Have you looked around the myFICO Credit Card Center? It might have some information for you.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800, 10/10-813
TU - 10/10-774
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too did not have any soft pulls on my credt...but when I checked for pre approvals on their sight a few came back for me also....I gave it a shot...was instantly approved...gave me a phone # to call, said they needed to verify some info...so I did...It was to make sure it was me applying for credit....$4500 credit limit!!!!!!

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, quite a few softs. Finally caved in July and got a Discover More Card. Responded to a mail offer online.

PRM-DISCOVER FINANCIAL SERVICES   06/11/10, 06/01/10, 05/17/10, 05/03/10, 04/15/10, 04/05/10, 03/18/10, 03/08/10, 02/22/10

PRM - Inquiries with this prefix indicate that only your name and address were given to a credit grantor so they can provide you a firm offer of credit or insurance.
(PRM inquiries remain for twelve months.)

Message 4 of 27
VEEVEE
Regular Contributor

I check this site quite frequently and it always comes back ( we have no pre approved offers for you) .     Well today I checked and it had a ton of recommended offers !!!     I got really excited until I went on another site and everyone is getting recommended offers from the discover pre qual site.  They apped and were denied!!!Smiley Mad  My question is was the wording the same? " Recommended offers? "  When you prequalified?     I think the site is broken whatever the case  I am too scared to apply now!!!!!

Message 5 of 27
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

I just filled out the pre-approval site and I also for the very first time received a RECOMMENDATION to apply for the Discover More Card.  I went on to Instant Chat with a Discover Rep and this is what he told me:

With a pre-approved offer we have received information that you may have met certain pre-qualification questions so a special offer is created. With a recommended offer, we have not received that information, so instead a recommendation is provided.

I Would not apply if you received a RECOMMENDATION. Discover is setting you up for a let down. I hope this helps.

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 6 of 27
VEEVEE
Regular Contributor

Thanks so much for clarifying this for me Kiwill.Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 27
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

You're welcome!  Let me also clarify what I said.  I'm not saying you shouldn't apply if you received a recommendation message,  rather you shouldn't apply if you received the recommendation and your credit profile won't support Discover qualifications.  If you think your credit file supports an approval then by all means, app away :-). 

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 8 of 27
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

I just tried the Pre-Approval Link, Its showing me Discover More as pre-approved and 3 other cards as recommended. Not sure if I wanna take a chance on pre-approval bait lol

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did this last week.  IIRC, I've tried this site in the past and did not receive any offers.  Finally, I did get an offer for Discover More and took a chance.  I got approved for $4K.  My highest limit by far. 

For some reason, this make me VERY nervous.  I don't plan to make this my primary card right away.  I'll wait until they get used to me. 

I was wanting a BOSE CD player.  I can put this on the card and pay it off every month.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.