tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DISCOVERIT CARD 0% INT FOR 14 MTHS

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

What is your CL on this Discover card?

And in general, in this case with Discover, I would tend to leave the amounts on the card to try to bump up close to that CL.

This ^

Discover is a bird that likes to see it's card used and getting it close to the CL thru the first few months allowed me to get auto CLI's to my current limit.

Mack, are you suggesting I should carry a balance close to my CL on my card?

If you are carrying a balance up near your credit limit on this one card only, yes, I do. I believe that is the way to get auto CLI's with this company. Spend a grand on the card, send them 500, spend/send, spend/send, let it build that way for half a year and it should pay off.

The first day I had the card I took it to 85% utilization and it was never below 60% the first year on any statement. Not because I 'couldn't' pay but it was truly to let them see that I could handle the debt and still make payments. Three auto CLI's later (while never having 0%) and $73,000 dollars spent on thier card(think swipe fees) and we have a great relationship.

They want you to use the Discover card as your daily driver and if you do, you won't have to worry about HP's to get where you want. For what ever reason you can't use their card, I would suspect they won't be as easy to get the CLI's.

Besides, I like the website, customer service, a free look at a fico and add anyrewards you create or money you can save with their gateway specials...

YMMV!

Message 21 of 28
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a $1000CL and a truck note of $998.55 If i payed that every month would that be close enough to the limit?

Wow... what kind of truck?  LOL

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

And in general, in this case with Discover, I would tend to leave the amounts on the card to try to bump up close to that CL.

This ^

Discover is a bird that likes to see it's card used and getting it close to the CL thru the first few months allowed me to get auto CLI's to my current limit.

If you are carrying a balance up near your credit limit on this one card only, yes, I do. I believe that is the way to get auto CLI's with this company. Spend a grand on the card, send them 500, spend/send, spend/send, let it build that way for half a year and it should pay off.

The first day I had the card I took it to 85% utilization and it was never below 60% the first year on any statement. Not because I 'couldn't' pay but it was truly to let them see that I could handle the debt and still make payments. Three auto CLI's later (while never having 0%) and $73,000 dollars spent on thier card(think swipe fees) and we have a great relationship.

They want you to use the Discover card as your daily driver and if you do, you won't have to worry about HP's to get where you want. For what ever reason you can't use their card, I would suspect they won't be as easy to get the CLI's.

Besides, I like the website, customer service, a free look at a fico and add anyrewards you create or money you can save with their gateway specials...

YMMV!

NRB - Mack, I need to be a bit more clear, my statement balance is $1,300 with an overall card balance of  $2,910.00. What do you suggest I do?

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

This ^

YMMV!

NRB - Mack, I need to be a bit more clear, my statement balance is $1,300 with an overall card balance of  $2,910.00. What do you suggest I do?

If you have the $1,300 then pay it, but at least put a decent amount so you have room to add some new charges. I've got a nickel that says if you bump that limit a couple more times by summer you most likely will get a CLI.

Message 24 of 28
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

This ^

YMMV!

If you have the $1,300 then pay it, but at least put a decent amount so you have room to add some new charges. I've got a nickel that says if you bump that limit a couple more times by summer you most likely will get a CLI.

+ $0.05

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

This ^

YMMV!

+ $0.05

NRB what are you saying... This is a decision I'm trying to make.

Message 26 of 28
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

This ^

YMMV!

+ $0.05

Do it.

It is a common shorthand here when one poster agrees with the previous poster, to just put a "+1" meaning thumbs up. I was trying to be creative since the previous offer was a nickel Smiley Happy (creativity and sarcasm are difficult to convey in a text-only environment)

My strategy with Discover has been to max out the card and pay it down. They seem to respond favorably to that. This limit you have is low enough that in my opinion, you should push the usage of the card if you want a CLI.

Good luck!

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

This ^

YMMV!

+ $0.05

Do it.

It is a common shorthand here when one poster agrees with the previous poster, to just put a "+1" meaning thumbs up. I was trying to be creative since the previous offer was a nickel Smiley Happy (creativity and sarcasm are difficult to convey in a text-only environment)

My strategy with Discover has been to max out the card and pay it down. They seem to respond favorably to that. This limit you have is low enough that in my opinion, you should push the usage of the card if you want a CLI.

Good luck!

I c, I c. I appreciate all the info. Definately helped me make my decision. Gonna pay the full $1,300.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.