Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISGUSTED WITH CAPITAL ONE

tag
RSCo
Established Contributor

Re: DISGUSTED WITH CAPITAL ONE

@pats23 wrote:

I didn't just give up! these past two years I have really secured my financial situation and have called them multiple times about CLI and they say it will be a hard pull, and I just haven't found the right moment that a HP would be worth such a low limit annual few no reward card. I use my chase freedom and discover more card frequently and just let the cap one sit since it is my oldest by a good amount

I found by having the low limits on mine, 500.00 and 300.00 respectively, that those low limits were hurting me more than any hard pull would.. The catch 22 is if you don't use them at all, then CapOne won't raise your CL because of inactivity, and if you do use them any real charge against such low CLs will really run up your utilizations thereby hurting your score.. I saw a score improvement when they raised mine simply because the additional CL lower my overall util across my entire profile..

Just email their exec office and ask them to raise your limit to 2k. They only did a soft pull on me when I went thru their exec office. If you think you have a decent score, give it a shot.. Good luck to ya..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 11 of 35
pats23
Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@pats23 wrote:

I didn't just give up! these past two years I have really secured my financial situation and have called them multiple times about CLI and they say it will be a hard pull, and I just haven't found the right moment that a HP would be worth such a low limit annual few no reward card. I use my chase freedom and discover more card frequently and just let the cap one sit since it is my oldest by a good amount

Proven fact phone doesn't work however email does 99% Smiley Happy

Do you have the email adress handy by any chance?

$4000----------- $5000------------$15000-------------$3500-------------NPSL----------$2500------------$5000----------$10000--------$5000
Message 12 of 35
myjourney
Super Contributor

@pats23 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@pats23 wrote:

Do you have the email adress handy by any chance?

coming at you PM

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 35
hersheykisses
Regular Contributor

UPDATE:  Called EO spoke to a very nice lady, she sympathized with me and said they would review my capital one account with a soft pull, its already been 2 days i see no increase or changes to my account Smiley Frustrated

As far as the HSBC card i was told it would have to be a HP and i just dont want that right now. 

I will keep you updated but so far im so not impressed.

Message 14 of 35
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@pats23 wrote:

This is incorrect. My phone call did work as well as many others and they were SP CLI's. The EO CSR may have misinformed pats23 about it being a HP.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 35
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

@kerbear1969 wrote:

I've had a capital one platinum card which i signed up for with 0% interest for 6 months no fees, initial credit line 500.  In 2 years its only gotten up to 750 credit line, i called and was told im in some kind of "program" and since i don't use my card regularly i wont be allotted increases.  Its the lowest credit card in my file second lowest is discover at 1000. 

New issue: HSBC sold out to capital one!  So my 1100 HSBCmastercard that I've had for 3 years is now a capital one mastercard eeeehhhh.   I called them to ask if they could merge the two accounts together...no go, well how about a credit line increase? was told there was a security lock on my account, so no hmmm ok whatever. 

Im done with Capital one. 

I feel ya... You won't believe my exp with them...

I've had 2 of their cards for a full 13 years.. Yes, I opened them in 2000. They were opened with a 500.00 and a 300.00 credit limit..  As of last month, they both still had the SAME EXACT credit limit.. I also have a brokerage acct with Cap One, it's had a 30k balance for the past 7 years and I have a checking account with them.. Never late on anything and was never over the limit on the cards, EVER. 

So last year I visited a local branch to speak to the branch manager after making no progress over the phone in getting a CLI.. I brought in the copies of my CapOne brokerage statements and also another brokerage acct with TRowe Price with over a 100k balance and still no CLI.. I was stunned.. I called back and was told once again that they are not accepting CLI requests on the cards so I said fine, I'll apply for a new card. She told me I couldn't do that because they only allow you to have a max of 2 credit cards of the same product ( store cc's issued and managed by them don't count as the same product as a plan CapOne credit card ). 

I was shocked by all of this.. So, after some good advice found here, I sent an email to their exec. office last week telling them I'm closing all of my accounts including my brokerage account and they also would not be getting my TRowe Price money... I received a call within 2 hours and they raised my CLs to 5k.. 

It should never take an executive office esc to get this done esp given I've been a customer for 13yrs... They clearly need to back away from their artificial UNintelligent computers and their customer modeling output and instead apply some good ole common sense..  Smiley Happy

Good luck.

You should have told them you wanted a 20k limit. with your financial relationship with them its warranted.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 16 of 35
myjourney
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@pats23 wrote:

This is incorrect. My phone call did work as well as many others and they were SP CLI's. The EO CSR may have misinformed pats23 about it being a HP.

LS..... Pat23 was going through regular CSR in no way did i mean EO didn't work in fact I gave someone the EO phone number today. We all know regular CSR is scripted answersSmiley Wink I myself have had success thur EO and will in fact contact them in the same way in 4 months for another CLI x2

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 17 of 35
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@pats23 wrote:

+1  I went the phone call route and it was a SP.  CL went from $1300 to $8000.  Just make sure you're calling the right number.  I found two different EO phone numbers on here and the first one I tried was not the Exec Office (and the CSR/analyst told me "no" on my CLI request, saying my account was not eligible).  Searched and found another number and they actually stated they were Cap One's Exec Office upon answering the phone.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 18 of 35
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@pats23 wrote:

LS.....OP was going through regular CSR in no way did i mean EO didn't work in fact I gave someone the EO phone number today. We all know regular CSR is scripted answersSmiley Wink I myself have had success thur EO and will in fact contact them in the same way in 4 months for another CLI x2

Oh sry about that I thought you meant EO phone calls.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 19 of 35
scarzy
Regular Contributor

@kerbear1969 wrote:

UPDATE:  Called EO spoke to a very nice lady, she sympathized with me and said they would review my capital one account with a soft pull, its already been 2 days i see no increase or changes to my account Smiley Frustrated

As far as the HSBC card i was told it would have to be a HP and i just dont want that right now. 

I will keep you updated but so far im so not impressed.

HSBC card will be a hard pull. Capital One card is a soft pull.

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.