Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIscover CLI help

tag
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

DIscover CLI help

I was wondering if anyone had any info on this. I went to request a CLI and for the first time , it didnt say call in. My question is , at the top it says :

Requesting an increase to your credit line is easy. Tell us the amount you would like your credit line to increase by and provide some of your employment and financial information to help us with our decision.  This request may also require us to pull a credit bureau report, which may affect your credit score.  Most decisions are immediate, however it may take up to two business days.

and then it says under it :

Enter the amount by which you would like to increase your credit line. Your cash line may be increased proportionally. This request will not affect your credit score.

Just curious if it means it will be a hp or sp , statements are kind of contradictory and I cant take a hp right now so I cant chance it.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: DIscover CLI help

@lionsfan20 wrote:

I was wondering if anyone had any info on this. I went to request a CLI and for the first time , it didnt say call in. My question is , at the top it says :

Requesting an increase to your credit line is easy. Tell us the amount you would like your credit line to increase by and provide some of your employment and financial information to help us with our decision.  This request may also require us to pull a credit bureau report, which may affect your credit score.  Most decisions are immediate, however it may take up to two business days.

and then it says under it :

Enter the amount by which you would like to increase your credit line. Your cash line may be increased proportionally. This request will not affect your credit score.

Just curious if it means it will be a hp or sp , statements are kind of contradictory and I cant take a hp right now so I cant chance it.

Thanks

Your better off calling to speak with an rep so you make sure its SP or HP

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

i agree

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Typically when Discover accounts are elegible for a (SP) CLI, the above message would not display.  So, it appears it would've resulted in a HP.  When you speak to an advisor, you can express your CLI request and he/she would inform you whether your account is currently elegible via SP.  If not, they will let you know before the HP, at which point you can cancel the request.

Message 4 of 6
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

It says "this request will NOT affect your credit score" so I'm assuming its a soft. Say u ask for 2k, it'll either accept, deny, or counter. If it counters you it'll give you the option to accept the counter offer or take a hard pull for the 2k.

This is what I've gathered from reading lets of posts on this subject. Not from personal experience.
Message 5 of 6
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

I requested one today for the heck of it. It will tell you after you submit the info and press enter.  Comes back with a decision to either accept the amount offered, OR if needing more, that a hard inquiry will be placed into your credit record.  So, the prior would be a sp.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.