Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO I HAVE A CHANCE AT BETTER CREDIT LIMITS

tag
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Re: DO I HAVE A CHANCE AT BETTER CREDIT LIMITS

OP- if possible I would wait until those baddies fall off.  

What type of stuff do you need for the new house?  If it's furniture or home improvement type stuff, I would consider getting one store card in the interim (for example you would qualify for Lowes and they are very generous with limits).  You could probably get a Barclays or Chase, but the starting limits might be pretty low and APR's high.  YMMV.

Also I'm sure you already know this, but make sure you wait until AFTER you loan funds (a couple of days after closing) to start apping.

Good luck and congrats on the new home!

Message 11 of 14
USF813
Frequent Contributor

Collections aren't all that difficult to dispute off your report. Something along the lines, "they told me they would delete once paid" might work. It did for me. I don't think collection agencies have the time or resources to validate such disputes. Their too busy harassing people over the phone.
Message 12 of 14
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

I have about 3 paid collections now reporting across the three CRA ....

I went with a local credit union and was just approved for a 10k card. See my scores below. 

I am not entirely sure what my DTI is, but i have about 40k in car loans, 24k credit limits, and a 145k mortgage (thats whats left) 

my annual income is around 100k.

i hope this helps.... 

My suggestion is to look at your local CU (Especially Navy Federal Credit Union if you were military).... i have noticed that credit unions are a lot nicer to their members then people like cap1 or similar. 

Ping me if you have any questions. 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 13 of 14
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

@USF813 wrote:
Collections aren't all that difficult to dispute off your report. Something along the lines, "they told me they would delete once paid" might work. It did for me. I don't think collection agencies have the time or resources to validate such disputes. Their too busy harassing people over the phone.

+1 

I had luck getting 3 paid collections off my report early; 2 via goodwill and one via dispute.  It can be a pain but if you are persistent, you have a good chance of getting all 3 deleted.  The key is having it paid.  Once the CA has their money, they could care less about you or your credit scores. 

Getting a CA to remove a negative TL is MUCH EASIER than an original creditor...that is almost impossible for obvious reasons.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.