Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO I NEED TO WAIT FOR WELCOME PACKAGE FROM ALLIANT CU TO APPLY FOR A VISA

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

DO I NEED TO WAIT FOR WELCOME PACKAGE FROM ALLIANT CU TO APPLY FOR A VISA

HI everyone it is going to take at least 10 days per rep to recieve my welcome package in the mail from allianat cu can anyone tell me if I have to wait until then to call to see if I can obtain a visa or can I call account services dept for my membership number over the phone if they will allow this, and then be transferred to the credit department.

Any information will be helpful, thanks. I am trying to avoid a second inquiry if possible

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DO I NEED TO WAIT FOR WELCOME PACKAGE FROM ALLIANT CU TO APPLY FOR A VISA

You can call in and make an application over the phone with LO.
Message 2 of 11
favor4me2
Regular Contributor

Hi Tray, I'm just wanting to know if you received your welcome email from Alliant? I haven't heard anything yet, and if so how did they contact you or did you call them to get the answer? I want to apply for a personal loan but I don't want to have another report pulled either.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do it fast if you don't want another pull.

I failed to open a checking on Alliant and PenFed when I originally joined.  I just opened the share savings and credit card.  Well, I decided that I ought to have the checking and expand the relationship a bit and run some money through. 

I called them up and asked to open.  No problem, open, shows online in my accounts.  Get SW Alert....Both pulled hard on EQ again! 

I called and asked WTH?  And they both say, oh well it has been more than 30 days since you opened accounts and we pulled credit.  Since CR's update monthly, we have to pull in order to determine you still meet criteria!

I'm thinking:  Wait, I have cash in your savings.  I have a $10k credit card and you say I might not qualify for a checking????

NFCU only pulls SOFT for any deposit account....why can't they??!!!  So now I have 2 extra hards on EQ for silly checking accounts!

Message 4 of 11
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi favor4me2, I applied last Friday online and I recieved the 3-5 day notice ( I do have a paid nsf on my chexsystem from 4 years ago now worried) I then called alliant spoke with a account services analyst she stated I should here something by Monday because of the weekend and that it ususally takes 24hours since I did not get instant approval.  Well on Monday awaiting till evening no word so I called alliant again spoke with a csr and he stating my application was being worked on that I should here something by tommorow, well that evening I still did not get a definite answerbut  I recieved an email stating I am pleased to inform you that you may be approved for membership but I needed to provide photo ID and two other forms of identification but also sent me a signature card that I could download and also stating additional signature card with a letter was mailed.  Tuesday afternoon I faxed all my identification as well as the signature card to speed up things to the account rep that sent me the email, I also sent an email to contact me.  Well waited tuesday no response

today waited until evening still no response I finally called csr and stated was this account rep on vacation as I called her several times and sent an email and no response, the csr kept me on hold for a while, but then informed me that they have my paperwork I faxed and I will recieve my welcomed packet withing 10 days.

So for you I would call tommorow as they seem kind of lax from all that I went through.  Good Luck.

Message 5 of 11
tray
Valued Contributor

thanks txjohn for your advice, for me personally I will be calling tommorow to see if I can get the visa, I already have a checking account with a bank I have had over 15 years so I do not need another, but I have read other peoples threads though that a second hard pull was needed to be done for another product such as a visa, stating because the inquiry goes to a different dept and they do not have access which I find very strange. I really hope this is not the case.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I got the email today welcoming me to Alliant CU, I guess that means I'm in!!! I did not get a membership number or a page to print off a signature card. I called  the rep and she said I would be receiving my welcome packet in the mail in about 3-5 days. Is this standard procedure? I thought some people were able to print it off and fax it in. I also called to speak with the LO that I spoke with before I decided to open the savings account I left him a message because I want to try for a 5k line of credit to pay off my cc debt as well as try for a visa card. He did not call back so I called and the rep said they closed at 7:00 and wont be back until Mon. What a bummer, I'm trying to app before they have to pull another cr. I also tried to pull my report and they said it is a Exp report did anybody know this? I thought it would be Eq since that's who they pull. I couldn't pull it because you have to have a membership number and the rep wouldn't give it to me over the phone.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

favor,

Alliant appears to be strictly an Equifax puller for membership and credit.

They offer some variance of an Experian report for their members on the website, but that is not the source they use to determine the issuance of credit.

Message 8 of 11
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi, favor I also recieved my email welcome to alliant cu yesterday, I quess they must be finally catching up on people's app's, although I applied for a visa had to call in and unfortunately other hard pull had to be done, I quess other people have had luck speaking with a loan officer named Nick who uses the original pull.  Also you cannot fax the signature card in, you have to mail it in.  The loan officer emailed this to me to download and I will be mailing it in today to finalize the visa process for $3,000.00.  Hopefully you get to read my other threads on this forum related to Alliant.  Good Luck on Monday hopefully you can speak to Nick.

But I want to personally thank everyone on this forum for the information about Alliant what a great credit union as I live in MA would have never known about this cu also

I never would have recieved a visa from my own bank that I have been with for years as you need a very high 700's score

Message 9 of 11
favor4me2
Regular Contributor

Hi tray, congrats on your 3k visa. What did he base your limit on? what was your score at time of app? Hopefully they wont have to pull another cr on me I just bought a new car and I don't want anymore inqs that's three for the year. I received my atm card in the mail today along with my account # so it looks like things are moving right along.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.