Contributor
PositiveChange

DOES ANYONE HAVE RECENT EXPERIENCE WITH OX PUBLISHING ACCOUNT?

I just wanted to know if this continues to work for some, any negatives associated with it?  Has it truly helped your credit score? Who do they currently report to and who did they pull to set up your account?

Thanks
Valued Member
gamecock

Re: DOES ANYONE HAVE RECENT EXPERIENCE WITH OX PUBLISHING ACCOUNT?

I thought about it, but any good creditor is going to smell something fishy here under manual review. How are you going to explain a $10k revolving line of credit for e-books. lol. Back when I was looking into this, they were reporting to EX & TU only.
Contributor
PositiveChange

Exactly as I thought.  However, how many of them will do a manual or who will do a manual...I figured I would start receiving better offers just by my scores increasing and maybe hitting that 700 level...just not sure if it is a good idea.

Established Member
Gladheart99

I had played with the notion of opening one of these accounts so that my util % would get better. Well, one night I had a nightmare that I had received several e-mails from EQ about this "fraudulent account" showing up on my credit reports and how they were going to stop acknowledging this type of account. Needless to say, I will not open one of those accounts. I might get struck by lightning if I did.

Good Luck to you.
Established Contributor
heirophant

...and their website looks shady...like some junior high kid designed it.  I don't think I would trust them if they can't pull off a professional looking site.  Kinda picky, but every other site that takes my money looks like somebody put some thought into it.  Also, on the app page, I don't see any terms and conditions other than the minimum purchase requirements.  Fishy!!!!
FICO's: TU: 682 EX: 688 EQ: Unknown

In my wallet (strikethough are getting the axe soon): Amex Rewards Plus Gold | BECU: 10,000 | AlaskaUSA FCU: 6,900 | Citi Forward 6,500 | BOA Travel Rewards: 5,000 | US Bank Cash+: 5,000 | Merrick: 4,200 | Chase Freedom: 3,500 | Juniper: 3,100 | Household: 2,450 | Best Buy Reward Zone: 2,000 | Cap1: 1,500 | Cap1: 750 | Bailey's Furniture: 3,100 | Lowes: 4,500 | Care Credit: 2,000 | Zales: 1,400 | Kohls: 400 | Sam's: 5,200 | Walmart: 1,100 | Discover More: 1,000

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}