cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOES ANYONE HAVE RECENT EXPERIENCE WITH OX PUBLISHING ACCOUNT?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DOES ANYONE HAVE RECENT EXPERIENCE WITH OX PUBLISHING ACCOUNT?

I just wanted to know if this continues to work for some, any negatives associated with it?  Has it truly helped your credit score? Who do they currently report to and who did they pull to set up your account?

Thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DOES ANYONE HAVE RECENT EXPERIENCE WITH OX PUBLISHING ACCOUNT?

I thought about it, but any good creditor is going to smell something fishy here under manual review. How are you going to explain a $10k revolving line of credit for e-books. lol. Back when I was looking into this, they were reporting to EX & TU only.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly as I thought.  However, how many of them will do a manual or who will do a manual...I figured I would start receiving better offers just by my scores increasing and maybe hitting that 700 level...just not sure if it is a good idea.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had played with the notion of opening one of these accounts so that my util % would get better. Well, one night I had a nightmare that I had received several e-mails from EQ about this "fraudulent account" showing up on my credit reports and how they were going to stop acknowledging this type of account. Needless to say, I will not open one of those accounts. I might get struck by lightning if I did.

Good Luck to you.
Message 4 of 5
heirophant
Established Contributor

...and their website looks shady...like some junior high kid designed it.  I don't think I would trust them if they can't pull off a professional looking site.  Kinda picky, but every other site that takes my money looks like somebody put some thought into it.  Also, on the app page, I don't see any terms and conditions other than the minimum purchase requirements.  Fishy!!!!
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.